Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Blade Runner (film) sequels/prequels!

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed with Ned - hopefully they don't go overboard with the budget (and advertising!) - but it will have a helpful boost going into it due to the established fan base.

Hopefully Ford's got good taste and the script really is as good as it apparently is. *Fingers crossed*

Ireland
    If Ford is set to return, then that's even another nail in the "Deckard is a replicant" coffin for me.

A robot that can age 30 years?

"That's not a bug, that's a feature!"
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    If Ford is set to return, then that's even another nail in the "Deckard is a replicant" coffin for me.

A robot that can age 30 years?

"That's not a bug, that's a feature!"
    Weren't the replicants synthetic/bio-engineered, not mechanical in "construcion"? If so, ageing (or maybe just the APPEARNCE of it) COULD be possible...not sure WHY you'd want it, unless it was to create as life like a replicant as possible...

Ireland
    I think having a OAP robot would just about the most stupid thing I've seen in a sci-fi film in a long, long time.

Super Moderator

UK
    It doesn't necessarily blow the Replicant Deckard theory out of the water - we've not seen the film (which hasn't even started shooting yet), let alone read a script - so for all we know he could actually be a Nexus 7 or something like that; a trial run of a superior replicant that could take on the formidable Nexus 6 line.

Ireland
    Nexus 6 is the top of the line though. Bar Rachael who was a private experiment.

If Ford (72 now and older when shooting actually starts) is a newer replicant model, how would everybody know him for years? Everybody in the police force knows him. They want they "old magic back". It would imply a redundant and frankly, laughable, conspiracy in the LAPD.

It's utterly senseless.

But, if he is a robot that can visibly age, that alone is just dumb. There's no other word for it. It's a ridiculous idea.

And Deckard is anything but superior to the Nexus 6 robots he tackles. He's grossly inferior and visibly weaker. Much weaker. They all get the better of him with greatest of ease. He defeats them primarily by dumb luck or the intervention of others.

This sequel, is actually one picture I will be keeping an eye out for spoilers for, or a leaked script, and if he's a robot, I'll simply ignore the film. Unless it's an absolute masterpiece.