Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Author Fiction - "We have a problem"- Discussion

United States
    My first submission won't have an actual zombie encounter. Just hints of the chaos and lots of character information. Second submission will throw in some encounters.

Being Attacked

Canada
    I think all the rules sound fine, as long as everyone else agrees with them, we should start with the submissions and get an order going.

I want to go third if that is alright.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNeighbour View Post
    I think all the rules sound fine, as long as everyone else agrees with them, we should start with the submissions and get an order going.

I want to go third if that is alright.
    Sounds good to me. If it's OK with everyone, no fast zombies yet.

If it's OK with the group, my first chapter is going to be a cop that gets bit during the initial part of the outbreak after successfully arresting one of the undead. He's going to be a sacrificial character and subplot just to set tone for the second stage of faster zombies. Likely he will only show up one more time in a later chapter rampaging the hospital.

This brings up a topic that has likely been handled before. Can a zombie be knocked out? How effective is a taser on one of the undead?
    Last edited by brer; 09-Jun-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Being Attacked

Canada
    Well if we're going by Max Brooks Zombie Survival Guide they can't be knocked out (I've never seen it happen in a Romero movie either) but tasers do effect them, by probably just stopping them in their tracks or knocking them down.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    The way my chapter is going to play is that the zombie gets roughed up and tased just long enough to slip it into cuffs.

Edit.

I finished the chapter roughly as described. I really do not want to post it until I can see how everyone else wants to go with the story.
    Last edited by brer; 15-Jun-2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: adding content

United States
    I haven't had time to work on my story.

I'll try to dump some time on it this weekend. Hopefully have a chapter done sometime soon.

-- -------- Post added 23-Jun-2011 at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 17-Jun-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

I may have to withdraw from the story. I don't really want to do this but I don't want to hold anyone back. I can't seem to find time to sit at the computer and write. I plan on trying to do some now but here lately the wife has been hogging it for college purposes. If ya'll need to go ahead and start without me, no hard feelings on my end but hopefully I can throw something together. How far has everyone else came along with there portions?

Being Attacked

Canada
    I wouldn't be kicking yourself bro, I haven't started anything.

I don't think these pieces should take a large sum of time, it's just for fun, we're not going for new york times bestseller, and fuck, Danielle Steele has bestsellers. Look at the length of Brer's original piece, it's not a huge amount of time, some good research put into it though and obviously some thought, but you seem like a guy it comes easily too.

I'll be starting and probably finishing mine on Tuesday because that's the first day my exams are over. If I'm too busy partying ahahah, I'll have it Wednesday.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I haven't had time to work on my story.

I'll try to dump some time on it this weekend. Hopefully have a chapter done sometime soon.

-- -------- Post added 23-Jun-2011 at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 17-Jun-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

I may have to withdraw from the story. I don't really want to do this but I don't want to hold anyone back. I can't seem to find time to sit at the computer and write. I plan on trying to do some now but here lately the wife has been hogging it for college purposes. If ya'll need to go ahead and start without me, no hard feelings on my end but hopefully I can throw something together. How far has everyone else came along with there portions?
    No one else has submitted anything yet, so don't worry. Inertia takes a while to kick in.

Edit to add: I have one chapter written. I did the first chapter also. I would rather submit the chapter I have written after some of the other submissions have come in so that I'm not actually driving the direction of the story more than anyone else. As said before, mine will have zed content. Basic plotline is that a pair of policemen find a reanimated hobo shambling in an upscale part of town. The zombie is a slow one, but still manages to bite an officer. The police do not realize that the hobo is one of the living dead and arrest him.

Do not let my plotline drive yours! I am more than willing to change mine to fit with the majority. I am just figuring that by the time my turn comes around, it may be time to have zombies in a zombie story. If not, I can do another chapter and use this one later.

End Edit

Unless a majority wants weekly submissions, I'm not going to sweat anything. A bit of our work is going to revolve around the previous submission, so we have to keep that in mind. Dropping a new piece on a person and only giving them a week to finish or rewrite a chapter may make the story rushed. As long as the story progresses at a steady rate and does not die of apathy, I'm more than happy.

Let's get some chapters or even plot lines submitted to see where we want to go with this.
    Last edited by brer; 25-Jun-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: addition of content

Being Attacked

Canada
    Yeah there's no rush, it would be kind of cool if years down the road we look back at the start of this thing and we're like oh my god. I'll have a chapter submitted by Tuesday.

Administrator

England
    Has this stalled, before it's even taken off?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

Canada
    Man I was really expecting to have my part submitted by Tuesday...but my part turned into a completely different story ahahaa. I'll try to get something done soon though!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    C'mon guys and gals. Let's get something going on this.

Being Attacked

Canada
    I can't believe the last time I posted was near the beginning of summer! Boy does time fly.

I got sidetracked with a bunch of stuff, sorry.

Right now I'm writing TWO scripts for school plays.

United States
    Is this thread dead? (No pun intended...)

I know I'm a total newb (or should I say "Fresh Meat") to the site but I *really* like the concept of a multi-author work and the first chapter was great.

I'm more than willing to submit my chapter to the "moderator" of the story before s/he makes a finally decision on whether to keep my character or not...

Some ideas I had was a wife who's cheating husband comes home with a "love bite" for the last time, murders him and when the police are called they automatically assume he was a zombie and it was self-defense. Is this a one-off murder? Was her motivation purely jealousy/rage and she will now go back to working within a community to restore order or attempt survival? Or has she tasted the taking of life and found the social constrictions of "live and let live" wanting?

Or maybe a husband/wife team who have been preparing for just such a disaster for years (a la "Tremors"). Is the disaster they have been preparing for the launching pad for the ultimate destiny they feel has always been theirs? Or do they fall prey to backbiting, diappointment and the sheer unrealized scope of man's new world? They could provide the initial resource stash for our unlikely band to begin their trek of survival/containment, perhaps provide continuity by having two or three children of varing ages (a set of twins to explore the mysterious psychological/physiological bond that twins seem to share?) which are enveloped into the group when the parents perish for one reason or another?

Lemme know if this thing still has the green light.

Administrator

England
    Not looking good is it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan