Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Spoodge. Everywhere.

#RandyMarsh

And other such fangasmic sentiments.

Administrator

England
    Shame Willis is in it. I actually find myself trying to miss his films now he's turned into such a c@ck sack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iFdPcx0W2w
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Shame Willis is in it. I actually find myself trying to miss his films now he's turned into such a c@ck sack!
    ]
    Did you see Moonrise Kingdom by any chance? Willis was quite good in that one; Though mostly because he was playing against type.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Did you see Moonrise Kingdom by any chance? Willis was quite good in that one; Though mostly because he was playing against type.
    Was Bruce Willis in it? Then no!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Was Bruce Willis in it? Then no!
    To be fair, Moonrise Kingdom is a good movie, and Willis is good in it. He won't have got paid for it much, but he seemed to enjoy that experience far more than any of these big action flicks he gets paid the big bucks for. Surely he's got enough cash now that he could just invest wisely and only do the projects he wanted to do, and then not be such a "greedy & lazy" grump most of the time (so Sly seemed to suggest when Expendables 3 was getting cast).

Anyway - woo, looking forward to Sin City 2 ... do you remember when they originally said it would come out in 2006?

Administrator

England
    Sin City 2 TV spot banned because of Eva Green's nipple!

And here is the single frame complete with nipple that caused the ban... Make sure no young children are around in case they should see this truly adult material!!!

But TBH if you watch the trailer below at 16s you can clearly see it, so - some what like Eva - they had a point!

Here's the TV spot...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qRClbx1T8Q
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Heaven forfend the sight of a nipple in silhouette!

Eva Green's cracking norks have caused controversy with this film before - apparently the shadow of her boob through a night gown (again, in silhouette) was too much for the soccer moms and that film poster was forcibly censored to save the children of the world who've never heard of Google Image Search.

The two versions:

Purely salacious filth of the highest order, I'm sure you'll agree.

Some reviewers are down on the film, but others are up on it. The downers sound somewhat curious complaining about it being too much like the first film ... what, you mean, like it's a sequel to Sin City? Oh dear, lol! ... and another strange complaint (from IGN, IIRC) was that the noir themes were too cliched or whatever. I guess they didn't see the first movie, then.

I'm not sure whether I'll see it in the cinema. It's an absolute definite Blu-Ray purchase for me, although they double-dipped on the first movie ... but hopefully it'll be a single release this time around.

United States
    Wow, it's really not doing so well. 8th place, and only a little over 6 million?
    I vaguely recall seeing the first, and not really caring for it.
    The good news is Guardians went back up to the top spot for the weekend, and will soon be the number one movie of 2014.
    Sin City 2 and If I Stay...
    What a crap weekend for new releases. I may see the new Transformers or Malificent at the discount theater instead today, if'n I go. I was going to see America, but it is a documentary. I'll wait for it on Netflix...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Heaven forfend the sight of a nipple in silhouette!

Eva Green's cracking norks have caused controversy with this film before - apparently the shadow of her boob through a night gown (again, in silhouette) was too much for the soccer moms and that film poster was forcibly censored to save the children of the world who've never heard of Google Image Search.
    The silhouette of her nipple in the TV spot suggests to me there's CGI involved there too! ie: It's just too perfect! Or am I showing my inner perv
    -Carl Sagan