Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World War Z - Seven weeks of reshoots?

Administrator

England

World War Z - Seven weeks of reshoots?

That's some pretty major re-shooting!??

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56188
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I'd totally forgotten about this movie ... but then again, when I heard what they were doing to the story, as well as making the zeds runners, I lost practically all my interest ... and seven weeks of reshoots? Sheesh, that sounds like a sizeable bugger up to me...

I wonder if - as proffered on AICN - they've realised they've made a total hash of it and they're now desperately trying to revert much more to the source material, but you can't reshoot the entire movie, so who knows what the hell is going on. With the bad press that this flick has garnered during it's production, I can't imagine this is going to be much cop.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

They have to slow all the zombies down.

Somebody actually read the book last week.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    They have to slow all the zombies down.

Somebody actually read the book last week.
    The funny thing is, I'd love to see the rumor that they were doing this to re-edit and add slow zombies in. I'd love for someone from the production to have to take time out of their day to debunk it, thus prompting, perhaps, one or two people involved in the film to ask: "You mean something like that might matter to potential fans of the film?"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    One thing about movies and hollywood in general that really gets me, is when they destroy a credible piece of work and reduce it to the lowest common denominator to ensure they appeal to the broadest audience.

If it wasn't so misguided, it'd be funny - but the problem is they tie up good movie licences for decades because they own the rights to a story that they ended up bastardising, and destroying.

It happened to Dawn of the Dead, too.

The absolute kicker in all of this, is that great pieces of work are destroyed and in the process, the film makers and execs behind the scenes are assessing who they think will watch the movie, and then making patronising assumptions about YOU and what YOU would want to see.

Which is why I'm glad Game of Thrones seems to have remained in-tact, and look how popular, strong and great it is.

This movie however, even though I have no exposure to the source material, flies in the face of really adapting a work. Adapting a work means you have to re-tell the same story in a different medium, not reduce, consolidate and destroy all the things that made it unique, in some attempt to appeal to a mass audience of jeering morons.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    They better be taking out the bite to 5 second transformation b.s. too.

Super Moderator

United States
    Nah, I heard the re-shoots were to better sync up those scenes with the soundtrack; apparently Disturbed just signed on for the main theme to the film.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nah, I heard the re-shoots were to better sync up those scenes with the soundtrack; apparently Disturbed just signed on for the main theme to the film.
    They also had "Down With the Sickness" in Dawn04 too, didn't they?

-sigh-

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    They also had "Down With the Sickness" in Dawn04 too, didn't they?

-sigh-
    Lou, if it makes you feel better, I was just kidding. But it's scary how believable it is, eh?

Super Moderator

UK
    Lou, if it makes you feel better, I was just kidding. But it's scary how believable it is, eh?
    God I hate that song. In the wake of Yawn04 all you ever got on fan-made videos of practically anything, was down-with-the-ruddy-sickness ... ugh.

I'd forgotten about that apparent quick transformation bollocks too (not sure if they meant to edit around it in post, trying to trim down on the number of set-ups to do that day perhaps, or if they really are that fucking useless at reading the source material ... I fear the latter, and the evidence thus far hasn't done our collective fears over the adapation any good).

United States
    You LIED to me?! You bastard!

Totally believable though...

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    God I hate that song. In the wake of Yawn04 all you ever got on fan-made videos of practically anything, was down-with-the-ruddy-sickness ... ugh.
    No kidding.

United Kingdom
    I'd heard some rumours but haven't really been following much zombie news for a while. So the World War Z film is almost certainly going to be shit?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'd heard some rumours but haven't really been following much zombie news for a while. So the World War Z film is almost certainly going to be shit?
    I don't know about that, but it certainly seems like it will not reach its potential, which is disappointing enough.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone else think this is gonna be a colossal failure at this point? its starting to stink that way to me...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    anyone else think this is gonna be a colossal failure at this point? its starting to stink that way to me...
    Do you mean for us, or in terms of box office dollars? I assume it still has a good shot of making a ton of money if marketed correctly.