Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Independence Day sequel (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Ugh. No thanks, the first one was wretched.
    i'll second that. they are also about 14 or 15 years too late. a sequel might have made mild sense in 1997 or 98. this film did come out in 1996 for fook's sake.

it had zero entertaining moments in it. it starred will smith, so it cannot have possibly been even mildly entertaining, which it wasn't. formulaic? yes. popcornish? yes. exhibiting the scientfic knowledge of a 3 month old? yes. entertaining didn't enter into it.

-- -------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I loved the first film when I was 12, but I can't watch it now. It's garbage.
    ha! this movie has become part your generations "land of the lost" syndrome. something you thought was "boss", "bad", "rad" or "bitchin'" as kid is exposed as the pile of shit it is when viewed in the light of adulthood.

though if there is any solace Scooby cartoons and the antics of Tom and Jerry never get old.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Little bit more news - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rolan...els-36613.html

According to Emmerich, who wrote the first draft of the script before handing it off to screenwriter James Vanderbilt (who worked with the director on the upcoming White House thriller), the story for the new film will be set 20 years after the events of the first film and center on a distress call that the aliens sent back to their home planet during the initial invasion of Earth.

"The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back," Emmerich said. "And they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm only sad that Stargate never became the film franchise Roland & Emmerich were hoping for, because it had been highjacked by the studio to make a so-so Tv series ( no offense to the rabid fans )

Independence Day ( which I liked as a popcorn movie - just to see things blow up real good ) never seemed to have that potential.

Wayne Z

"Hello, Boys. I'm baaack. "
    Last edited by wayzim; 27-Mar-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: cuz

Administrator

England
    Jeff Goldblum And Bill Pullman to return, but probably no Smith? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jeff-...uel-38222.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Smith probably bowed out because they wouldn't put his son in the movie, too...
    (Kidding.)
    Also:

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post

"Speaking to Radio 1's Chris Moyles, the 43-year-old actor revealed producers are working on I Am Legend II but that he was unlikely to take part.

When asked if he would be involved, Smith said: "Probably not.

"Producers are working on it. I'm not actually working on it.

"If it's great, I'm into it. I don't want to be the sequel guy. I figure I've got about six or seven more years."

Uhhh.....didn't he die at the end????

Ahh.....found the answer. http://screenrant.com/i-am-legend-2-...-sandy-155576/
    Last edited by Staredge; 27-Jun-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Seemed the thing to do at the time

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Sounds like it's going to happen - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Indep...ils-68417.html
    -Carl Sagan

England
    ID4 - Cleaning up the polluted, devastated Earth.

Those wrecked ships would give even a climate change denier the heebie jeebies with all the potential toxic crap they must have unleashed when they came down...not to mention the nukes that were used against them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Erm, what?

The aliens were scavenging nomads who stripped planets of their resources weren't they? (which makes no sense anyway, as they could do the same with asteroids and most other planets)
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I was going to whine about how that article was from back in March, then I did some further investigation. I saw on wiki that it was greenlit yesterday.
    My personal good news is no Smith. He'd probably try to make them throw his kid in the mix, as well, for a few dozen million or so...
    I did like the original, and was wowed by stuff unseen before. The destruction was pretty sweeet, and I saw it in a huge theater with seriously kickass sound. Nice.
    Anyhoo, 2016. Hmmmmm. I'm down.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The original is definitely one of those lightening in a bottle events. Not that it was a fantastic film, just that it came along at the right time, had an up-and-coming star in the lead, the effects were amazing, and many of its high points can be credited to the time frame of when it was released. I have a hard time seeing them replicating anything similar twenty years later.