Thread: NOTLD Family Picnic pics w/ Gary & Russ Streiner, Ella Mae Smith, and John Russo

United States

NOTLD Family Picnic pics w/ Gary & Russ Streiner, Ella Mae Smith, and John Russo

The picnic was awesome! My husband and I got to meet members of the Living Dead Festival family in person that we'd only previously met online. We also went with Gary and Russ on both cemetery tours to get footage for the documentary- THAT was an awesome experience! Here are some pictures from our adventures:

John Russo was in rare form! hahaa! He just kept telling joke after joke.

Ella Mae is one of the most awesome people you could ever meet! I love her! She has a sarcastic sense of humor that I have to admire...haha! Here she is answering a question about the movie that Gary asked.

Justin Streiner (Russ's son and Gary's nephew) provided sound for the picnic. Here, my husband Gordon (the bald guy) and I are helping Justin (the guy behind the bald guy...) move the sound equipment to the shelter so we could all watch NOTLD on 16mm later that night.

Gary had a hell of a time finding a usable print of NOTLD. So he called Russ, who rummaged through his basement and found one! He was as surprised as anyone that he still had a print! hahaa!

This one was taken by our friend Ryan Fenton. Gordon, me, and Gary in front of the chapel the day after the picnic. Gary took us to where the farmhouse used to stand after our visit to the cemetery.

Here, Dick Heckard (The Black Hatted Posse member) is telling us the story of where the truck came from and the night they filmed the explosion. He was a really cool guy- and funny!

Gary and Russ on the first cemetery tour of the day:

Russ talking about the scene where he and Bill Hinzman fought and he hit his head on the tombstone...which was actually him hitting his shoulder. Our friend Joel is in the background photographing it all.

We'd just come back from the first cemetery tour and Russ was asking if John Russo had been telling jokes...he had...haha!

ok- I have stuff I gotta' do but I have lots more pictures. I will post 'em later. I hope everyone has been doing well here on HPOTD! Take care! -Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia Martin; 17-Jul-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: credited wrong person for photo

Australia
    Great stuff!
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    Very nice pics.
    Weird seeing THAT cemetery with Russ Streiner in it.

Ireland
    Thanks for posting those Tricia. That looked like a fun day.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Very nice pics.
    Weird seeing THAT cemetery with Russ Streiner in it.
    hah! I know! Even Gary said something similar...haha! Honestly, I could tell it meant the world to him to be in the cemetery with his brother. He and Russ hadn't been there together since the movie was shot! And the fact that Russ came to the picnic to show his support of the chapel effort meant a lot to Gary. It was a really cool experience to be able to be there for that.

-- -------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Great stuff!
    Thanks! I will post more soon. Right now my husband and I are editing a video of all that went on. I'll post it as soon as it's finished

-- -------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Thanks for posting those Tricia. That looked like a fun day.
    You're most welcome! It was an experience my husband and I will never forget for sure.