Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Strain (TV series) - Guillermo del Toro's vampire trilogy

Being Attacked

United States
    So far the show isnt that good, i understand that its getting started but lets be honest. We're not watching this show to see a guy deal with his divorce, or watch people d*cks fall off.
    I understand that they're trying to characterize right now, but there are better ways of doing this. Ive seen so many loving fathers going there divorce because they love their job and are never around, that no one gives a sh*t anymore. Tv writers think that we need to be told every detail step by step about a characters sad generic life. Take HBO's hit show "true detective" we wernt draged threw these people lives step by step, we put the peices together. We were shown their personal lives but the thing is that we liked these characters before they tried to show their personal lives. Thats the thing tv writers need to learn. We need to like characters before we can care. And right now the strain doesnt do that for me. And since there isnt much vampire killing right now im forced to be draged through these characters lives.
    I havent given up on the show yet because it has potential. I never read the book because i dont like reading. As far as cgi on the vampires it looks pretty good. Ill give it a few more episodes

Aslo check out my post "us against the world" in the fiction discussion section. Vote in the poll too

Administrator

England
    UK 17th of Sept. What a wait!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quite enjoying it so far... 7 episodes in...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Didn't realise season 2 had already kicked off in the US. We'll get it here in the UK the end of this month.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I watched season 1. It was mildly entertaining. I'll be giving Season 2 a watch. It's braindead enough.

Administrator

England
    Hang on... Is this starting to go off plot compared to the books?
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    It went off plot at the end of season 2 with a character's death that shouldn't have happened.

I found season 3 more interesting, since at this point half of New York has fallen to the vampires. I enjoyed watching military special forces conducting search and destroy sweeps on vampire nests.

Hope season 4 is just as entertaining.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    It went off plot at the end of season 2 with a character's death that shouldn't have happened.

I found season 3 more interesting, since at this point half of New York has fallen to the vampires. I enjoyed watching military special forces conducting search and destroy sweeps on vampire nests.

If I recall in the third book the world (USA?) is dominated by the vampires with humans living in "farms" (blood banks)? And Ephraim's son is living in a mansion protected by The Master etc?

I wonder if in the next series we'll get to that sort of position?
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post

Only just spotted series 4 has come and gone! Somehow I missed it on UK TV.

Anyhow, download it now on catch up...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It's been cancelled too.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've seen up to the end of Season 3 which had a totally "What the fuck?" ending that really had me wanting for more.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I've seen up to the end of Season 3 which had a totally "What the fuck?" ending that really had me wanting for more.
    So far so good with series 4... I'm enjoying it!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    OK... Enjoyed the final series, except I felt the last episode felt rather weak... But still worth the watch!
    -Carl Sagan