Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3 [video game]

United States

Far Cry 3 [video game]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZfi1QfdIE

This game is the so damn bad ass. Everything Far Cry 2 should have been........GREAT JOB UBISOFT!

It has been described as Skyrim with guns but that's not exactly the whole truth. It is quite similar just not as indepth(complex)....If Skyrim is a 10/10....Far Cry 3 is about a 8.5/10. They took Far Cry 2 and up'd the graphics......put it on a Tropical Island instead of an African Shithole and fixed nearly every complaint I had about it. It's not perfect but I am impressed and pleased...It does have a little repetition theme on a few certain things such as capturing Radio Towers and Enemy strongholds which is what pissed me off about the FC2 but it's not as a stiff process as the last game. It also has a crafting system (kill animals and upgrade backpack, wallet, holsters, quiver, ect with their skin) Gather plants to create meds and combat stims. I love the bow because it's silent plus you can recollect your arrows from the corpses.

I haven't checked out multiplayer or Co-Op mode yet. So I'm sure there are more chances for this to compete with Skyrim on a different level. At least go out and rent this for a weekend. You shouldn't be disappointed or thinking you wasted your time if you somewhat enjoyed Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp98vTNkmG0

Here's the intro video. The forum isn't letting me put it in video tags.

Last edited by Mr. Clean; 07-Dec-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: ......

United States
    This game is indeed kick-ass.

That is all.

Oh, and Vass.. that bastard is still hilarious. I have no idea why I've taken such a liken to such a psycho, but he's so much fun to watch/listen to.

Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Dec-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Of course, the internet is awash with talk about the sex scene in it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I love the bow because it's silent plus you can recollect your arrows from the corpses.
    Sweet! A chance to live the dream as Daryl Dixon before the other Walking Dead videogame (from Terminal Reality & Activision) comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course, the internet is awash with talk about the sex scene in it!
    haha, yeah I saw some preview videos a while ago on YouTube and they showed that chick with her norks out, but interestingly in future videos showing the same scene (or parts of the scene) she had a top on.

I do think there should be more sex in videogames that are rated for adults. If you can have sex in movies and TV and album art, as well as constant violence in videogames, then you can have some bared flesh and hanky panky in them too. I have noticed slight pushes against the sex boundaries in videogames of late (a full frontal John Thomas in The Ballad of Gay Tony, porking and boobs flopping around in Red Dead Redemption in one cut scene, nude bodies in L.A. Noire - although they were unfortunately corpses during the homicide desk - some sex stuff in Mass Effect, as well as Heavy Rain, and other cases, plus here with FarCry 3, so it seems the boundaries are being slowly pushed against to shift them at long last.

It just seems ridiculous that it's fine for people to slaughter as many computerised people as they want, but they can't do the dance with no pants with any of them for the most part.

Returning to FarCry 3, I never played the second game (but did play the first), and I definitely want to check out this latest one - just waiting for the price to come down to a reasonable level. I also want to check out Hitman Absolution, and I still need to catch up on Gears of War 3 (I just find it daft that places still want me to pay more than £20 for a game that's well over a year old) ... I'll get around to all of these eventually.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Dec-2012 at 06:16 PM.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I do think there should be more sex in videogames that are rated for adults.
    Yeah, but it'll probably be a series of quick time events!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Yeah, but it'll probably be a series of quick time events!
    Yeah, I'd prefer interactive video game sex over a quicktime event - that's cheating!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I'd prefer interactive video game sex over a quicktime event
    "Quicktime event" sounds pretty realistic to me

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    "Quicktime event" sounds pretty realistic to me

Last edited by LouCipherr; 10-Dec-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: .

United States
    The "trials of rakyat" are pretty competitive. I just wish they had a larger leaderboard listing though....right now me and an old friend who I haven't played Xbox with since MW2 are going back and forth trying to top each other's high scores plus fighting with those UBI guys. Think I have him on Transport Destruction but we shall see
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 11-Dec-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: ........

England
    I'm itching to play this game but I daren't buy it for myself in case somebody has bought me it for Christmas!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I'm itching to play this game but I daren't buy it for myself in case somebody has bought me it for Christmas!!
    My son asked me what Santa was going to bring me and I said this game.....bought it ahead of time to get the preorder bonus but was gonna hold off until Christmas....well the say the least....I just couldn't hold out that long.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Mbought it ahead of time to get the preorder bonus
    Did you get the one with the Vaas bobble-head? I so want one of those...

United States
    No just some Explosive Monkey missions or something and some multiplayer extras. None of which I've got a chance to used yet..

Undisclosed
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is on sale for the week at 50% on XBL.

United States
    blood dragon is now only 5 bucks, but i think it's this week only. and damn, it is a hoot. well worth the fiver, no doubt.

from what i've read, they are planning to release a far cry collection soon with all three main games plus the blood dragon game, supposed to be priced at 40 bones. i've never played the other far cry games, but after the epicness of blood dragon, i may be willing to give them a shot.