Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables 3 (film)

Administrator

England

The Expendables 3 (film)

Not seen no.2 yet, but seems Jackie Chan will be in no.3...

http://www.cinema.com.my/news/news.a...oinclude_12309

Jackie Chan has confirmed his involvement with Sylvester Stallone's "Expendables 3" as the script is currently in works to include the international action star recently at a press conference for "CZ12" in Kuala Lumpur.

"Sly had invited me to be in "Expendables 2" but I was too busy filming "CZ12" and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes," said Chan.

Chan added that he had revealed to Stallone that he hoped the third installment of the franchise would run along the lines of a 'buddy-buddy' movie should Chan be starring in it, which the "Rambo" star obliged. Currently, the script is in the midst of being worked on to meet the criteria.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds good. I just watched the second film yesterday and enjoyed it more than the first. The First Blood/Die Hard/Terminator references for each of their respective actors should have been cut down, but other than that it was a great throwback to 80's action.

Super Moderator

UK
    What does Chan mean by a "buddy buddy" movie?

Anyway - I'm properly glad that a third is in the works. I had an absolute blast with the second which, while certainly not perfect, was just such a bloody good fun time. The whole opening action sequence had me grinning from ear-to-ear in the cinema (that was my favourite part of the movie, come to think of it).

Here's what I made of the movie back in August:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...lm-review.html

Administrator

England
    This is an old article from 4-5 months ago!

Nicholas Cage? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/nic-c...too-32448.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Chuck stole the show in 2, is he in 3?
    And I hope Chan isn't going to get alot of the focus in the next one. I can't stand him.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Loved the second one. Way more than the first, which was OK but tried to be a serious action film.

Looking forward to this.

I want to see Mel Gibson, Stephen Seagal, Jackie Chan. I can do without Nicky Cage. What's he done, anyway?

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds like an appropriately bonkers list of cast members - looking forward to it!

What about Jet Li, I wonder? He was all over the first, then he sky-dived out of the second in the first ten minutes never to be seen again. Could Chan be a replacement for Li?

I enjoyed both films, but the second definitely had the amount of action that I was expecting from the first, which was a bit light in the middle portion (but certainly made up for it with an utterly explosive third act) ... the second was just all-out mayhem, and was thoroughly brilliant fun (my favourite part was the opening of the movie). Proper, old school, no-holds-barred, total action chaos featuring double-hard bastards grimacing and dropping sarcastic one-liners - YES.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Loved the second one. Way more than the first, which was OK but tried to be a serious action film.

Looking forward to this.

I want to see Mel Gibson, Stephen Seagal, Jackie Chan. I can do without Nicky Cage. What's he done, anyway?
    I want Van Damme and Seagal on the same film, so Damme can finally kick Seagal's flabby rear...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    More rumours of Steven Seagal & Mel Gibson too - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Steve...s-3-38386.html
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I wonder what that's all about then - probably too much money for too little work.

Plus Willis is being such a bloody grump these days. If you don't want to do press, don't bloody do it, if you're contractually obliged to do it, hold up your end of the bargain without being a spoiled little shit about it (while making yourself look like an utter fool). He's certainly getting paid enough!

Administrator

England
    Yeh, he seems quite odd at times!

- - - Updated - - -

Seems you are right MZ.

Stallone tweeted - "GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE"

Wow!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bruce...Day-38903.html

Willis was offered $3 million for four days of work on the set of the anticipated sequel, but said that he wouldn't return for less than $4 million (a.k.a. $1 million for each day). Stallone and "everybody else involved" rejected this counter-proposal, and Willis walked away from the table. Within three days of that negotiation Stallone reached out to Ford and got him to sign on. Said the insider, "I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford — a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film."
    - - - Updated - - -

and more of him being a dufus here... If ONLY he'd just stopped talking to the rude dufus and only asked Mary Louise Parker questions, that would have been perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6viUMICL31E
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I was just about to post about the 'million a day' grab of Willis' - I think $3m for four days is more than enough, don't you?!

I'd like to think that if I was the interviewer in that clip I'd have said to Willis that if he doesn't like doing press tours, then he shouldn't do them, and if he said "but I'm contractually obliged to do them", then I'd say "well act like a professional and quit bitching, it's not like you weren't paid a shitload of cash to be in this movie!" ... and yeah, just talked to MLP instead.

Other actors get tired of the press tour - but they do it professionally - or, at the same time, have a little fun with it. There's tales of actors challenging each other to drop certain phrases or whatever into their answers. I remember one case was a dare to drop a song title into every single answer. Other press tours seem much more fun - mates on a tour enjoying each other's company - e.g. whenever Wright/Pegg/Frost go on the promo tours for their movies - and the tours are usually quite long, too, with many, many countries on their agenda.

So in short, Willis is acting like a spoiled, over-paid, self-obsessed wanker. It's a real shame because he's been in some absolute classics, and he can still pull out cracking performances (e.g. Sin City, Looper).

Administrator

England
    Well, for Stallone to say (tweet) what he's said, clearly he'd pi$$ed of with Willis' antics!
    -Carl Sagan