Thread: Jurassic World (film) - Jurassic Park 4

Administrator

England

Jurassic World (film) - Jurassic Park 4

Can't say I'm overly excited, with each so far getting weaker IMHO...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21003416

A release date has finally been revealed for Jurassic Park 4.

Universal Pictures announced on Twitter that a fourth instalment of the dinosaur movie series is due to come out on June 13, 2014.

As yet, no director or cast have been announced but Steven Spielberg will return to produce the film.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    #1 was superb, legendary and a landmark film - it was the flick of 1993 and I saw it in the cinema as a kid. The film still holds up to this day and is a wonderful piece of tense action filmmaking.

#2 was rushed. It's too preoccupied with running about with too many underwritten cast members. There's some spectacular set pieces, but the brains and pacing of the original are mostly left by the wayside. Pretty good, but not a patch on the first.

#3 was, again, full of spectacle, but I didn't connect with it at all. For one thing Dr Grant swore he'd never get involved with dinosaur islands again and protests as much at the beginning, but someone waves a bit of cash under his nose and he's straight in there like a rat up a drainpipe - it's awful writing - and I didn't like that he and Ellie Sadler had split up, such things - particularly when handled in a rather slap dash manner - make their time and struggle in #1 seem rather pointless.

#4 ... I do hope it's at least #2 level quality. It'd be great if it was a cracking film, but I seriously doubt it.

Administrator

England
    Now rumour has it Jurassic Park 4 is going to be a reboot?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=80000

Sam Neill, who starred as Dr. Alan Grant in the first and third Jurassic Park films, briefly comments on the recently delayed fourth installment. He says that he'll unlikely return, partly because he thinks it will be more of a reboot.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    The Jurassic Park sequels are one of the finest examples of how bad sequels can diminish a superb original.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Hybrid dinosaur. Really?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Hybrid dinosaur. Really?
    Who knows, it might be awesome, but it could just as easily be rubbish ... to the idea of that I did roll my eyes a bit, as well as the fact that despite three movies beforehand, mankind still hasn't realised that mucking about with dinosaurs isn't a great idea.

Ireland
    Yes, but if this is a reboot, then Jurassic Park never existed and people can be thick again.

:/
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    With that trailer, I was all in and loving it.....until the shot of Pratt riding the motorcycle with the raptors seemingly running with him and not attacking.....

Of course we've heard the rumor that there will be "trained" dinosaurs, but if that small clip is any indication, I'm a bit worried.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This flick really, really surprised me. It's a damn good time and easily the best of the sequels, IMO. The hybrid dinosaur and "trained" raptors actually work well. As much as the trailers scared me, im extremely satisfied with the end result. 7.5\10

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This flick really, really surprised me. It's a damn good time and easily the best of the sequels, IMO. The hybrid dinosaur and "trained" raptors actually work well. As much as the trailers scared me, im extremely satisfied with the end result. 7.5\10
    Relieved to be hearing numerous good reviews of this ... I think I'll give it a Blu-Ray pre-order.