Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New book on Day of the Dead

Ireland
    Mine's just landed on my desk.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Lee, were you never tempted to leave it yet another 5-6+ months and release it in combination with the film's 30th anniversary?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

United States
    My copy just arrived today! Unfortunately, I have to split for work but I'll definitely be tearing into this once I get home. This book is worth the price just for the photos it contains!

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Got mine today - i LOVE it so far. The photos are unbelievable, and the info about Gornick and Ball is a great view behind the scenes. i'm pretty amazed by the Savini stuff also (i hope to read more about how Lee suffered his "wrath" later in the book). Great stuff.

Lee - one thing, though, if i may. Those chapter titles are awful. lol!

And the pic of Lori (you know the one) - worth the price of the book by itself!

edit: forgot to mention that i love the "trade paperback" format and size as well.
    Last edited by Skold; 27-Sep-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: forgot

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Got mine today - i LOVE it so far. The photos are unbelievable, and the info about Gornick and Ball is a great view behind the scenes. i'm pretty amazed by the Savini stuff also (i hope to read more about how Lee suffered his "wrath" later in the book). Great stuff.

Lee - one thing, though, if i may. Those chapter titles are awful. lol!

And the pic of Lori (you know the one) - worth the price of the book by itself!

edit: forgot to mention that i love the "trade paperback" format and size as well.
    I'm glad you're digging the book so far. You don't like my chapter titles? I knew from the beginning I was going to work DAY into each one. LOL Seriously though, thanks for the kind words and I hope you'll enjoy the entire book!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Lee, were you never tempted to leave it yet another 5-6+ months and release it in combination with the film's 30th anniversary?
    Neil, no, not really. After dealing with this thing for 4 years I was ready for it to come out! But the thought did cross my mind once in awhile. Don't forget it's the 30th anniversary of the filming though!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Don't forget it's the 30th anniversary of the filming though!
    Good point
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'll be kicking off a competition shortly with a copy up for grabs...
    Competition up!
    -Carl Sagan