Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Genisys (film) - Terminator reboot

Administrator

England

Terminator: Genisys (film) - Terminator reboot

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...warzenegger-t5

Incredibly, Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination.

Although this is purely speculation, the source contends, don't be surprised if T5 is dramatically unlike anything you've seen from the film franchise before.
    From the evidence so far... Terminator - Cameron = fail
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    So sad for the "franchise" (Which everyone knows ended w/ T2...). The premise does sound vaguely interesting, but I can't say I really want to see it. T3= I'm done, thank you.

Administrator

England
    I've not even seen McTwat's one...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've not even seen McTwat's one...
    Yeah, me either. And nothing I heard about it compelled me to either.

Super Moderator

UK
    T4 looked snazzy enough, but everything else about it was pish ... rubbish script, total missed opportunity ... at least the trailer was awesome.

T3 is an utter abomination - all that "talk to the hand" bullshit - ugh, get out of my universe T3!

Yeah - T2 was the end of the entire Terminator story. They'd succeeded, the end. Everything after was bullshit ... although the TV show was alright, even if the middle portion of season two was intolerably dull.

Administrator

England
    Reboot in 2015 - http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/term...-trilogy-plans

this is going to be a "rebooted Terminator movie", going on to confirm that this will be "the first in a stand-alone trilogy".
    A reboot with Arni? Hmmm... Surely he's too old now for a terminator...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Will we see a shot through his Terminator eyes where he selects an appropriate phrase? Such as:

* I'm too old for this shit.
    * Ooh, me hip.
    * I've got a bad back.
    * Where have my teeth gone?
    * Who are you again?

After the horrors of T3 and T4, I'm expecting utter bollocks for T5 ... and is it just me, or is anyone else getting fed up by the presumptuous Hollywood attitude of everything having to be a bloody trilogy before they've even started on the first one?

Ireland
    Trilogies make more money than stand alone films.

Nearly every big high concept film is pitched as a possible trilogy these days, cos the studios are only interested in the profit margins. Even if a film breaks even at the BO and manages to get decent sell through, the chances are that there will be sequels (usually of deminishing quality) in the offing. Usually a film has to suck real bad, like '28 Weeks Later', for the proposed trilogy to collapse. But, if that had done even slightly better, we would be suffering '28 Months Later'.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Trilogies make more money than stand alone films.

Nearly every big high concept film is pitched as a possible trilogy these days, cos the studios are only interested in the profit margins. Even if a film breaks even at the BO and manages to get decent sell through, the chances are that there will be sequels (usually of deminishing quality) in the offing. Usually a film has to suck real bad, like '28 Weeks Later', for the proposed trilogy to collapse. But, if that had done even slightly better, we would be suffering '28 Months Later'.
    Suffering? They weren't that bad... And I'd have to say the opening 5 mins of 28 Weeks Later is better than anything in WWZ for example... - http://vimeo.com/8597539
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    christ, a reboot? that kicks off a new trilogy? how predictable.....and f*cking stupid.

oh well, with diminishing returns, it's not like a sequel to the current series would have been worthwhile anyhow.

for me, that series will always be a joke, the only one i even really acknowledge is the original, which is a sci-fi classic.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    christ, a reboot? that kicks off a new trilogy? how predictable.....and f*cking stupid.

oh well, with diminishing returns, it's not like a sequel to the current series would have been worthwhile anyhow.

for me, that series will always be a joke, the only one i even really acknowledge is the original, which is a sci-fi classic.
    You didn't rate no.2?

- - - Updated - - -

And here at the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23095529

Paramount Pictures said the fifth Terminator film, based on the original series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, is due to be released in June 2015.

There was no official confirmation on who would direct or star in the forthcoming film.

However Schwarzenegger revealed earlier this month he would be returning to the role that made him a household name.

Speaking at an event in Sydney, Australia, the former governor of California said: "I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star as the Terminator, which we start shooting in January."
    Only role I can see him in is as a human? He just won't pass as a terminator...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Suffering? They weren't that bad... And I'd have to say the opening 5 mins of 28 Weeks Later is better than anything in WWZ for example... - http://vimeo.com/8597539
    The first one was great. The second one does start well, but goes rapidly downhill to stupid land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

Agreed.

I only ever liked the first one myself.

They should just let this die off in peace.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

Agreed.

I only ever liked the first one myself.

They should just let this die off in peace.

Second one was okay, pretty cool for an example of early 90s big budget cheese-fest...ranks right up there with Braveheart for roll your eyes moments, though The third wasn't really good, but not as bad as so many make it out to be, and the last one I haven't even seen yet.

And, yeah, somebody should put a bullet in this franchise.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    The third wasn't really good, but not as bad as so many make it out to be.

Nuff said.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nuff said.