Thread: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4 game) - Dear Esther sort of sequel

Administrator

England

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4 game) - Dear Esther sort of sequel

For any of you who have played Dear Esther and enjoyed it, the spiritual successor is on the way, "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture".

http://beefjack.com/features/everybo...w-screenshots/

The game will transpire in real-time across a large terrain that should take approximately 20 minutes to traverse diagonally. Whatever you don't accomplish in 60 minutes can be discovered upon subsequent playthroughs.

Unlike in Dear Esther, you'll be able to interact with the world this time around. Your interactions will influence the environment, characters and their actions.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    PS4 only now

Some more/new info here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...to-the-rapture
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Blocked from the office, will check when I get home. Thanks Neil.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Sounds intriguing. Never would be able to play it on that console, however, which is a minor bummer. Still, sounds like someone else had my dream, and that's cool. Cool like Thorn.

Administrator

England
    This article loves it - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/eve.../1100-6426660/

My experience with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, though brief, kept my brain busy for hours afterward. Following my play time, I couldn't play anything else. I just couldn't process anything new. My mind kept spinning back to patterns of splintered light, motes of glittering gold dust, and endless silent depictions of abandonment and pain. All I did was take a walk in a video game, and it chilled me so deeply it took hours to return to the warmth of reality.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIWdbibONxg
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Shame it's an exclusive - I'm getting Night of the Comet vibes from this, would've been nice to potter about in for a while.

Administrator

England
    Hopefully it might come to PC in the future!
    -Carl Sagan