Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dead 2 (film) - Reviews

Administrator

England

The Dead 2 (film) - Reviews

Not too positive I'm afraid!

http://www.movieramblings.com/2013/0...-dead-2-india/
    But it is doubtful whether this follow-up will receive the same acclaim, as The Dead 2: India sadly proves a pale imitation of its predecessor.
    http://www.fangoria.com/new/the-dead...-movie-review/
    While the film’s strengths are the same as before, the weaknesses are amplified.
    http://www.theoohtray.com/2013/08/27...-dead-2-india/
    The Dead 2: India atrophies thanks to a banal screenplay, an absence of style and a non-descript lead. Locations aside, as these constitute little more than window dressing, it’s a movie bereft of ideas. - See more at: http://www.theoohtray.com/2013/08/27....Cd6xmCks.dpuf
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    I read the Fangoria review this afternoon while searching for info on the flick, it wasn't too positive, . Oh well.....I expect those who liked the first movie will still give the 2nd a bash though. If I remember correctly when the trailer was released some members on here did express concerns that The Dead 2 might just be more of the same, seems it might not even manage that. If the reviews are accurate then it's a real let down, personally I was looking forward to this flick.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Can I get an "Oh, dear"!?
    No, I won't give you a premature o'dear! I need to see it first!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Damn. Better check those expectations then ...

Really loved the bleakness of the first one.

United States
    Sad to hear. I'll still check it out, but if multiple reviewers who actually liked the first one are not receiveing this one well, then it doesn't give me much hope.

Twitching

United States
    That's depressing.
    I was genuinely looking forward to The Dead 2, but long before we had any news about it I was worried that a sequel was going to have a major uphill climb to recapture the weight-by-locale which the original possessed. India in particular was a poor choice if the filmmakers (as it turned out didn't) weren't going to care about the culture/environmental undertones that an American audience isn't already familiar with. We've all seen enough modern Africa-set flicks to have a general feel for the context location-wise in the original, but I know squat about India besides it's always arguing w/ Pakistan and is a nuclear power, albeit a minor one.

Ah well, always TWD Season 4 just around the corner. I'll catch The Dead 2 when it makes its way to HBO, TMC or Showtime.

Super Moderator

United States
    Did you check out the trailer in the other thread, Wyld? Despite any doubts I may have based on reviews, the trailer looked solid.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    cant wait for this. loved the first one and the slow docile zombies!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Norway
    So anybody seen it?

Super Moderator

United States
    Just circling back on this to see if any other folks here had seen and had spoiler-free review of the film to share???

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Just circling back on this to see if any other folks here had seen and had spoiler-free review of the film to share???
    +1 I'm interested too!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    No sightings of the Dead 2 here ... Not quite sure if it has been released on DVD somewhere let alone a theatrical release?
    Thought the first one was fantastic ...

UK
    im after a copy of this too, loved the 1st one.
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Dying

United States
    According to this article (released on April 1st unfortunately) we'll have to wait until late 2014.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-zombie-692696