Thread: X-Men: Days Of Future Past (film)

Administrator

England

X-Men: Days Of Future Past (film)

Let's hope it's as good as it can be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    That looks kick arse to me! Properly epic. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

It'll be good to have Singer back on board (X3 was full of action, but devoid of anything else that made X1 and X2 good). The last X-Men movie was rather good too, I enjoyed that one quite a lot, so I'm very much looking forward to this follow-up.

Administrator

England
    Did I detect time travel nonsense in there?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Did I detect time travel nonsense in there?
    Considering the whole "Days of Futures Past" storyline is ABOUT time travel, uh, yeah...

Still trying to figure out how they got Professor X back in from being disintergrated...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Considering the whole "Days of Futures Past" storyline is ABOUT time travel, uh, yeah...

Still trying to figure out how they got Professor X back in from being disintergrated...
    It's the Marvel Universe...to quote Arnold J Rimmer from Red Dwarf "death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days. It doesn't screw your career up the way it used to."
    Last edited by Legion2213; 31-Oct-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: double post
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    It's the Marvel Universe...to quote Arnold J Rimmer from Red Dwarf "death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days. It doesn't screw your career up the way it used to."
    Well...yeah...it's just that the movies seemed a "little" more grounded in "reality" than the comics, & they way they did it seemed fairly conclusive. I have no doubt they'll come up with a clever explanation of some kind, just, y'know...

United States
    Well in the after credit scene of the travesty that X3 was, Xavier wakes up in the body of that dude in the vegitative state. Now how it is that he still looks like himself. . .. . who knows.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Reshoots confirmed!

Oh, dear...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Reshoots confirmed!

Oh, dear...
    Not necessarily bad news... I mean look what it did for World War Z.... oh!

"the second-most expensive movie ever produced by Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, behind only Avatar." - W O W !
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    +ve review - http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/x...e-past-review/

Dancing between the fun and the all-out ridiculous with surprisingly nimble feet, X-Men: Days of Future Past is an absolute blast.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Just got back from seeing it. Wow, wow, and more wow. So much going on that I need to see it again, after I see the new Sandler movie, of course.
    The stuff going on between the past and the future, loved how they did it.

The deaths of the XMEN several times was kind of shocking. Iceman gets his head taken off and Colossus gets ripped in half by the Sentinels one of the times they die. Everyone gets wiped out. Also, the end credits scene with Apocalypse... Don't know much about him, but I'm stoked.

Anyhoo, trying not to spoil, spoil, spoil, but tis hard to do. I'm giving this an A+. I may have to do this in 3D next time, and I can't wait to add it to the collection.

Administrator

England
    Hmmm... I enjoyed it, but for me it did feel a little bit formulaic and going by the numbers...
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I am still waiting for a dvd print to release online.

United States
    Just saw it again. We were going to see the new Transformers movie, but there wasn't a late showing. I also thought about Malificent, but I hate that hag...
    We opted for this once more. I saw alot of things I didn't the first time. Still enjoyed the hell out of it, even though Charles acts like a little bitch through most of it.
    Guessing it's out on blu ray soon because it's at the discount theater. Yay for me.
    Last edited by rongravy; 06-Sep-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: harrummphhfff.