Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Her (film) - Falling in love with your OS

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Christ...even arguing with a virtual woman leads eventually to senselessness.

There's a number of things funny about that vid. #1, it's that same bot on both sides, Cleverbot. So essentially it's arguing with itself. #2 Cleverbot learns from the conversations it has online & incorporates them into its memory to use as appropriate. So really people taught it to be that argumentitve to an extent, which leads to #3, there are a number of tricks you can use when programming a bot to make it seem more human:

http://io9.com/5901579/10-tricks-tha...e-theyre-human

The #1 on the list? Give it some argumentitve qualities. People are so quick to rise to an argument on the internet they'll take the bait & get so busy arguing with the bot, they ignore faults in its responses.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hee, cleverbot...
    But yeah, this movie looks good. No one else in my family seemed enthused over the trailer really though. Can't imagine why...

England
    I love only one computer/AI...

But honestly, this film tempts me as much as yesterdays chips...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Legion2213; 12-Jan-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Finally saw this last night. Very touching and moving. By degrees sweet, romantic, funny, thoughtful, bittersweet, occasionally a little creepy, risque, & sad. A VERY through exploration of the subject of A.I./human interaction & what could happen when they form emotional attachments & relationships, with all the up's & downs, perils & pitfalls.

At its heart, its really about relationships in general, about human connection or lack thereof, the distance growing between us in the technology age, etc, etc. etc.

Great movie. Highly recommended. My melancholy quotient was highly satisfied.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 23-Apr-2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: add more thoughts

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Finally saw this last night. Very touching and moving. By degrees sweet, funny, thoughtful, bittersweet, risque, & sad. A VERY through exploration of the subject of A.I./human interaction & what could happen when they form emotional attachments & relationships, with all the up's & downs, perils & pitfalls.

At its heart, its really about relationships in general, about human connection or lack thereof, the distance growing between us in the technology age, etc, etc. etc.

Great movie. Highly recommended. My melancholy quotient was highly satisfied.
    Nice, Moon! I was just thinking the other day (literally yesterday) that this film should be making the rounds on cable soon, so I hope to catch it soon.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Glad to hear you dug it, Moon - I definitely want to check out this flick and am quite looking forward to seeing it sometime soon.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nice, Moon! I was just thinking the other day (literally yesterday) that this film should be making the rounds on cable soon, so I hope to catch it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Glad to hear you dug it, Moon - I definitely want to check out this flick and am quite looking forward to seeing it sometime soon.
    It's probably not going to be to everyone's tastes, but I have a feeling you gents will be the right audience for it, as was I.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    It's probably not going to be to everyone's tastes, but I have a feeling you gents will be the right audience for it, as was I.
    It's about getting swept up in a one-sided relationship with a digitized ScarJo...I been there, bought the cleaning supplies and would go again.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It's about getting swept up in a one-sided relationship with a digitized ScarJo...I been there, bought the cleaning supplies and would go again.
    It's not one sided in the movie. Which is why I was so sad! I want my computer to sound like ScarJo & fall in love with me too! I mean, sure, we're having sex, but does it LOVE me?!?

Hurts like hell when I stick my wiener in the USB port too...

- - - Updated - - -

Added a couple more thoughts to initial review. This is one has been sticking with me all day. Might watch it again tonight!