Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romero's Empire Of The Dead (comic)

United States
    Not a bad first issue but like many others...I can do without the vampires. But I'll keep reading it.

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Adapted as a comic animation? Or live action?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Not sure yet. Can't find much info
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Apparently it was announced at Cannes last thursday according to : http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71602

Not sure what to think of this. Haven't read the comic. On the one hand there's the simple fact romero hasn't done anything remotely on par with his output in the seventies and eighties in recent years (I still like Land though), on the other hand Miller just proved there may be life in old genre tropes with his Fury Road.
    Last edited by krisvds; 22-May-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I'm still reading. I would have dropped it if it was an ongoing but I can buy 15 issues. I so want to feel the magic of the original 3 movies again!

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I'm still reading. I would have dropped it if it was an ongoing but I can buy 15 issues. I so want to feel the magic of the original 3 movies again!
    I sat in on a celebrit Q and A with GAR at Fanexpo on Friday. He confirmed that he was involved in the development of the Empire series. No further info from him.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwarrior View Post
    I sat in on a celebrit Q and A with GAR at Fanexpo on Friday. He confirmed that he was involved in the development of the Empire series. No further info from him.
    And what format is the series to be in ? Animated?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Adapted as a comic animation? Or live action?
    Unfortunately he wouldn't elaborate. Said he couldn't discuss it yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Ireland
    GTFO.

This could be brilliant.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    AMC needs to just change their station's name to AMZ.....Always Milking Zombies.

i think it's getting to the point of over-saturation. anyone else feel this way?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    AMC needs to just change their station's name to AMZ.....Always Milking Zombies.

i think it's getting to the point of over-saturation. anyone else feel this way?
    From a neutral point of view, I felt like it when they announced Fear the Walking Dead. One zombie show at a time is great, but much more than that and people are going to start to get desensitized and bored with zombies. The Walking Dead is a huge success partly because it was the first, and for some time also the only, of its kind. Even many people who have never seen a zombie movie and have no friggin' clue who Romero or Fulci are watch it. The rest of the zombie shows are very likely not going to be nearly as successful, though. The novelty element that caught the attention of so many people is no longer possible after TWD.

But from the point of view of someone who has been watching zombie movies, even quite bad ones, since long before there was anything such as a TV show about zombies, it actually does not bother me. As far as I am concerned, let every channel have their own zombie show. I'll probably watch many of them if I have the chance.
    Last edited by JDP; 09-Nov-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator

UK
    I do share the concern of "too much zombie stuff" on AMC (and in general) ... but at the same time I'm also very intrigued and would absolutely watch it. I've not read the comic series (is there a trade paperback edition out yet?), and of course you always want Uncle George to get projects going in a big way.