Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy (film)

Administrator

England

Guardians of the Galaxy (film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Caught the trailer last night before bed. Looks hilarious and super awesome. Hurry up, August 1st!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like a blast. Definitely Marvel's riskiest move yet and may pay off to be their best film yet.

Hopefully the next trailer will reveal some more of the plot for general audiences and have dialogue from Rocket and Groot.
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Feb-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not clued up on the source material at all, so I'm just purely going on the trailer - looks like a lot of fun, and a bit of a shake-up from all the handsome square-jawed Americans punching generally foreign bad guys in the face (as much fun as that usually is from Marvel and others, there just seems to be sooooo much of it at the moment) ... looks and feels a bit more fresh, a bit more playful.

I thought Green Lantern sucked though (albeit, yes, not from Marvel), so I was concerned about how wacky this might look (spacey stuff, weird looking characters etc), but this looks like a shedload of fun.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    As a company, Marvel insists on churning out average films every other weekend. This, at least, looks amusing.

Ireland
    I just don't get the fascination with Marvel at all.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    As a company, Marvel insists on churning out average films every other weekend. This, at least, looks amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I just don't get the fascination with Marvel at all.
    I agree with you guys. Marvel films, while not necessarily BAD, have just been rather generic and lacking any sort of special spark. That's the reason I'm looking forward to Guardians. At least they're trying something a little different and rather than super heroes, these characters are just thieves/bounty hunters running through space....

- - - Updated - - -

Poster:

"You're welcome."

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Love the comedic bits at the end!

I heard recently that Thanos will make an appearance in "Guardians". He was the purple guy in the post credits sequence of The Avengers and is being set up to be the "ultimate" bad guy for Avengers 3.

United States
    Skeet, skeet, skeet!!!

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Honestly, I'm already sold on this. I'm not gonna watch any extended trailers on it - i want it all in the theathers.

Administrator

England
    Honestly, I'm already sold on this. I'm not gonna watch any extended trailers on it - i want it all in the theathers.
    I'm getting more and more +ve about it!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's interesting - when I first heard the idea I can't stress how indifferent I was to it. Now? Heck, I'd say it's the one film I'm looking forward to the most this summer.

United States
    It's interesting - when I first heard the idea I can't stress how indifferent I was to it. Now? Heck, I'd say it's the one film I'm looking forward to the most this summer.
    I know. A guy that I see around a place I work at sometimes usually asks me what movies are coming out, and that's the only one in my head.
    I'm super stoked.