Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders of the Lost Ark reboot (film)

Administrator

England

Raiders of the Lost Ark reboot (film)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66683

Only good news to this is Frank Darabont has supposedly pitched a script for it.

I must get around to reading Darabont's script that Lucas kept rejecting and in the end turned into "Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull".
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Oh f*ck no...

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    So Kingdom of the Crystal Skull probably did kill the franchise.

I knew it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I feel like I am being radicalised by Hollywood...pushed towards armed resistance...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Bradley Cooper - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/India...ogy-42263.html

*** quickly ducks out of the room ***

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    My first reaction was nerd rage, followed by a quiet sigh of resignation. I was surprised, but should I have been? No, not really. As mentioned in the article, the trend is already long established w/ Bond. More recently Star Trek. Not that I really want a reboot, or to see another actor play the character. But, there it is.

Administrator

England
    Darabont not connected - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66698
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States

Friiiiiiiidge!*

*Not sure how many more times I'll be able to use this GIF, so figured best to express my frustrations with it now.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    This is not going to happen. At least for now. Not as long as Harrison Ford is still alive. I'd rather see the seventy year old as an elderly Indy again.
    Lucas should resurrect that old idea of setting it in a haunted castle and go for some Abbott and Costello style antics sans CGI.
    Last edited by krisvds; 27-Mar-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Lucas should resurrect that old idea of setting it in a haunted castle and go for some Abbott and Costello style antics sans CGI.
    What?! I've never heard of this.

Undisclosed
    It was an idea floating around at the time of Last Crusade. Parts made it into the Austrian castle bit.
    I read about it in an Empire magazine.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, they mention that on the special features documentaries. Lucas wanted the third film to be a haunted castle story, but Spielberg said no because he'd worked on Poltergeist and Always. Funnily enough, he also said no to the idea of aliens for the fourth Indy film because he's done Close Encounters and E.T., but later gave in anyway.

As for a reboot.....it was inevitable. A property like this wouldn't be allowed to simply die. Disney didn't purchase the rights just for home video and merchandise. I hope we'll get one more outing with Ford but even so, there would have been a reboot after that. There's still a chance we'll get to see Ford wear the fedora once more, so fingers crossed.

I saw on another site that someone mentioned Karl Urban as the new Indy. While it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Ford, that idea seemed pretty solid....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I saw on another site that someone mentioned Karl Urban as the new Indy. While it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Ford, that idea seemed pretty solid....
    Ewwww, I'd prefer Cooper myself, if anyone was going to take over. But, yeah, Harrison could easily do another one.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Ewwww, I'd prefer Cooper myself, if anyone was going to take over. But, yeah, Harrison could easily do another one.
    Cooper would be fine I suppose, but I think Urban has more of a nerdy respect about him. He was a fan of Star Trek and did an awesome job with playing Bones. Then look at Dredd. He did an awesome job with the character and refused to remove his helmet for the entire film. Not many actors would do a role where their face isn't seen at all. He loved the material so much it wasn't about himself.

But yeah....Ford can do at least one more film for sure. I've heard someone mention a film that sort of bounces around time. Have Ford play the older Indy and it's an adventure that's lasted decades, so it could bounce between a young version and an old version of the character. Either that or put Indy in more of the Henry Senior role that Connery played in TLC. I could see both of those ideas working for a 70+ year old Ford.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I will say, if it were inevitable...Urban does kick much ass and seems to develop more comfort and charisma in front of the camera as he gets older.