Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raiders of the Lost Ark reboot (film)

United States
    Oh snap. I got Keith Urban And Karl mixed up for a second or two. Yeah, I guess he'd be ok, but as soon as someone mentioned Cooper, I was like, "Yeahhhhhh, just the right amount of scruff."
    Imagine an Indy whose eyes POP. Imagine Bradley standing in front of a class chock full of dreamy eyed college gals...
    He's fully got my vote if they go that route.

Undisclosed
    Karl Urban? If there's any nerd justice in this world he will first get to play Dredd again. That film was perfect.
    Him as Jones? It might actually work!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nearly a year later, now there are rumors that Disney is looking at Guardians of the Galaxy's Chris Pratt to take over the role. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disn...jones-film-178

As much as I would rather see one last film with Ford in the role, I would like this casting if there HAD to be a reboot. Pratt seems to have that certain charisma that would be appropriate for Indiana Jones. Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm, so it would also lend some credence to the rumor. It would make sense that they would be looking at someone already "in house" and proven to be a leading man.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Nearly a year later, now there are rumors that Disney is looking at Guardians of the Galaxy's Chris Pratt to take over the role. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disn...jones-film-178

As much as I would rather see one last film with Ford in the role, I would like this casting if there HAD to be a reboot. Pratt seems to have that certain charisma that would be appropriate for Indiana Jones. Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm, so it would also lend some credence to the rumor. It would make sense that they would be looking at someone already "in house" and proven to be a leading man.
    Nothing to say that Ford couldn't still be involved in some way, shape or form. Maybe they could do something that takes place in "modern day" (in FordIndy's time) that has ties to the past (PrattIndy). Switch narrative back & forth & have action occurring in both or something. I wouldn't mind. Haven't seen him in anything yet, but the pic of him w/ the fedora looks passable