Thread: H1ZI (zombie survival mmo)

UK

H1ZI (zombie survival mmo)

New DayZ-like zombie survival mmo by Sony. It seems to be using the Planetside 2 engine - and looking very nice indeed! -
    http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/04/10...ew-zombie-mmo/

“Our focus is building a sandbox style of gameplay where players can build shelters out of resources in the world,”
    “First off, it’s a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host"

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    cool.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Oooooooh dear! (warning: strong language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qja6mlP46H4
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    This has been getting an absolute hammering online.

I think 'DayZ' is safe for the time being.

Super Moderator

UK

Well at least that review was hilarious.

Yeah, I've also been hearing a lot of bad things about this game - not that I was ever going to bother playing it in the first place - but man, it doesn't half look shite.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Currently No More Room in Hell and Project Zomboid are catering to my zombie gaming needs.

I remember when I first found this site. Back then, zombie games were elusive, few and far between. You had to download that Dawn of the Dead mod for Doom if you wanted any zombie action worth speaking off. Now? Man, they're all over the place.

Unlike movies tho, most videogames seem to feature the slower zombies. I'm happy!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Currently No More Room in Hell and Project Zomboid are catering to my zombie gaming needs.

I remember when I first found this site. Back then, zombie games were elusive, few and far between. You had to download that Dawn of the Dead mod for Doom if you wanted any zombie action worth speaking off. Now? Man, they're all over the place.

Unlike movies tho, most videogames seem to feature the slower zombies. I'm happy!
    I quite enjoyed the escape level (prison?) in No More Room In Hell, but found everything else very frustrating. Has it moved on much over the last 5-6 months?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I quite enjoyed the escape level (prison?) in No More Room In Hell, but found everything else very frustrating. Has it moved on much over the last 5-6 months?
    to be honest, no not really. If I recall, you didn't like the fighting mechanics, and they are exactly the same as far as I can tell. There's some new weapons and maps, that's it.

I agree with you on many points, but I think it's a fun game to sit down with a few friends, crank up some ambient horror music and try to survive in. It's very aesthetically pleasing, like the graveyard level where you see hordes of zombies coming at you through the darkness. Yeah, it can get spooky at times...

UK
    Took the plunge and picked up H1 yesterday, despite the negative press, and I have to say I'm finding it rather enjoyable. Only sunk a couple of hours into it at the moment thanks to an 8 hour patch-a-thon that started just as I finished downloading the bloody thing, lol, but it's not the cluster f**k that people seem to think it is, at least not anymore. Technical issues aside, it feels like a slightly more accessible DayZ, has the same tension pvp wise but where as DayZ is seemingly out to destroy you from the start in every conceivable way, this gives you a bit more wiggle room and lets you do some fun stuff before trying to murder you. Feels like you have a fighting chance. In technical terms I don't think that this plays or functions any worse than DayZ (in my experience anyway), although the zombies in H1 actually work! I wouldn't write it off just yet, still very early days and I'm sure it'll be a solid alternative to DayZ before too long - he says hopefully, having just stumped up the cash to play it, lol.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Took the plunge and picked up H1 yesterday, despite the negative press, and I have to say I'm finding it rather enjoyable. Only sunk a couple of hours into it at the moment thanks to an 8 hour patch-a-thon that started just as I finished downloading the bloody thing, lol, but it's not the cluster f**k that people seem to think it is, at least not anymore. Technical issues aside, it feels like a slightly more accessible DayZ, has the same tension pvp wise but where as DayZ is seemingly out to destroy you from the start in every conceivable way, this gives you a bit more wiggle room and lets you do some fun stuff before trying to murder you. Feels like you have a fighting chance. In technical terms I don't think that this plays or functions any worse than DayZ (in my experience anyway), although the zombies in H1 actually work! I wouldn't write it off just yet, still very early days and I'm sure it'll be a solid alternative to DayZ before too long - he says hopefully, having just stumped up the cash to play it, lol.
    Cool! Keep us posted please!

And what about all this pay-to-win nonsense with people payins X dollars for weapons/supplies to be dropped to them?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    You can pay to have air drops.

The game has been through several patches already to up the quality, but there's still some real ire out there about it. Although I think teh patches have addressed a lot of issues.