Thread: iZombie (TV series)

Administrator

England

iZombie (TV series)

http://io9.com/first-images-from-ver...omb-1576969840

Olivia "Liv" Moore was a rosy-cheeked, disciplined, over-achieving medical resident who had her life path completely mapped out…until the night she attended a party that unexpectedly turned into a zombie feeding frenzy. As one of the newly undead, Liv is doing her best to blend in and look as human as possible. Her appearance now passes for "Goth," with shockingly pale skin and nearly white hair, and her demeanor has gone from exuberant to exhausted. The change in Liv is baffling to her mother, her former fiancé, Major, and her best friend and roommate, Peyton, who still has the high-energy, Type-A personality that Liv has completely abandoned. Despite her post-traumatic ennui, Liv has devised a way to resist her baser urges to devour fresh human brains – she's taken a job in the Seattle coroner's office. In this appropriately dead-end job, Liv can secretly snack on the brains of the many Jane and John Doe corpses that make a final stop in the morgue. Despite carefully covering her tracks, Liv's boss, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti, discovers her secret and is surprisingly excited about the scientific possibilities. Even with her boss' enthusiasm, Liv remains resigned to an eternity without hope or purpose, until she realizes that with every brain she consumes, she retains a portion of that person's memories. Liv begins to experience visions from the point of view of the murder victims. Much to the surprise of Dr. Ravi and homicide detective Clive Babineaux, Liv often has detailed knowledge of crime scenes and motives that she can't easily explain. Posing as a psychic, she works with Detective Babineaux to investigate these crimes and discover who is responsible. It's not the same as being alive again, but at least Liv can find purpose in her undead existence by helping Clive solve the murders of those who are indeed fully dead.
    ^ Christ, do these folks not know about paragraphs?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    That sounds like absolute tripe.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    That sounds like absolute tripe.
    LOL! From what I understand the comic it is based upon is suppose to be quite good - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IZOMBIE

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Perhaps. But the synopsis above is awful.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    It's the CW network. That alone should put most people off
    Last edited by kidgloves; 16-May-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: stuff
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I Dunno, ive read a couple of iZombie's and while its alright.. I'm not sure that its a comic that would transfer well to the screen.

That synopsis does sound like total garbage too.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Just saw the promos for this... It's coming out soon and all I can think is 'kill it with fire'. Seriously... Did people not learn? You can make a great TV series based on zombie comics: it's called The Walking Dead. We don't need another one! Damn... I want to puke on the producers' faces. Makes no sense. And I thought "Here, baby baby" was bad, but this... When will idiots STOP with the freakin' BRAINS THING?! I'm sorry. If this is thread necromancy, I apologize...

Norway
    I thought the the comic back in the day and and the TV series now would benefit from not using the z word in their title and just have the protaganist be called monster or some word they made up themselves.
    Obviously this has nothing to do with the zombie genre at all and they use the word to get attention. This backfires I think.