Thread: Destiny (video game) - Most expensive game ever?

Administrator

England

Destiny (video game) - Most expensive game ever?

With a budget of over 1/2 a billion dollars, Activision had better hope the game is good - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/act.../1100-6419444/

No PC version planned at the moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYLQfp_-Cv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A0EmiDKbzI
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Half a bil on a FPS?

Bloody hell.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Half a bil on a FPS?

Bloody hell.
    I think that's about twice the budget of GTA5!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Anyone playing this? Pretty sweet! If you put Halo, Star Wars, Terminator, Borderlands in a blender and tossed in a gladiator arena to boost the multiplayer dynamics....Pretty bad ass game! Your experience points don't just go towards your level.....for each character, you have two subclasses that you can switch back and forth when ever you want. You also can level up weapons.

Once you hit level 20....you have to acquire armor with "light" in order to keep leveling up. I'm about to start working towards legendary gear.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Anyone playing this?
    Yeah, it's okay. I don't enjoy the gun handling so much, as I did in the BL games (especially in BL1), but it's decent.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Anyone playing this on PS4? Looking for more friends to play with on it. I just started my third character last night.

United States
    Looks like it took me three weeks but...

I now have 3 characters at level 30 or above.