Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old members

Fresh Meat

England

Old members

Any one here from the beginning ie early days when Neil started I see MZ is here still , I mean guys that where here before that toss pot Bedlam hacked and crashed the site it was down quite a long time but Neil resurrected the site also are the Friday night chat sessions still happening
    Last edited by RUSS; 11-Jun-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: pressed enter way to early lol
    http://edk-fear.net/?ref=641

im a mean undead pimp

Super Moderator

United States
    Welcome back, though I'm not a very old member here by board standards...10 or so years since Land was announced, I suppose.

I think older members trickle in here or there now and then. I know Crapping Bear recently posted and he's a pretty old member.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    I see MZ is here still
    Yeah, I can't believe I've known MZ, Bass, Neil and some of these other guys for 10 years. MZ was still a kid when I started posting here (happy recent birthday, by the way, MZ).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I've been here since 2004, 10 years! I still drop in but don't tend to spend a lot of time on forums at the moment, too busy gaming when I get chance to sit at my PC! Lots of old faces that don't come on anymore, what happened to Chic, Liam, Bongholio, GRMonLI, Grimstories, Back in Black etc? Anyone still in touch with any of those guys?

Fresh Meat

England
    im glad Grim has gone im sorry he was an arse hole of the highest calibre always banging on about how he was a bad ass prison officer and survival expert had many an heated argument with him but crappingbear is some one i really want to catch up with i have had many an interesting conversation with him over the years and does anyone no what happened to flat head aka loshermadoso there is lots of old names on here that i remember p2501 ANDY , yeah Mz was only a young whipper snapper back when the board began well over the years i had a lot of personal shit that kept me away but now im back and staying back king of monsters was another reg that has gone there is a good few missing but PLEASE LET GRIMSTORIES STAY missing

ps NEIL if ya read this lol i swear on all things holy i will not argue with anyone
    http://edk-fear.net/?ref=641

im a mean undead pimp

United States
    I'm old, & I'm a member, & I have an old member, but I'm not an old member per se, rather a new old member if you will, since I came in around the waning days of all of that.

Mike70 aka Scipio70 is still around from time to time.

Undisclosed
    17 years( don't let the join date fool you. ) since I posted my first bit of fiction here.
    Jeers, tears, the occasional mass influx of neophytes & posers, forums in flames - it's been fun times over-all.
    Last edited by wayzim; 12-Jun-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: b,cuz

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Welcome back, Russ.

Been here since late '99 or 2000 myself.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    I've been here off and on since the mid 90s....several different names....Basically a moron teenager back then...thou some of you I imagine might say nothing has changed besides my age

Last thing I remember of Grimstories was he said he would kill anyone who fell asleep on guard duty....big debate ensued....this may have been the last fight he had on here...

This place use to do survival scenarios A LOT back then...people try and do them sometimes now but not much happens with those threads.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 15-Jun-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: ...........

United States
    Old members? Not sure how many of those are still around, but there's definitely no shortage of ODD members here...

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Old members

I've been here sense 1999 when I was deployed to Turkey with the USAF. I lost my old login and now I've just been a lurker reading the fiction stories and reading what most of what you guys post.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by croakker View Post
    I've been here sense 1999 when I was deployed to Turkey with the USAF. I lost my old login and now I've just been a lurker reading the fiction stories and reading what most of what you guys post.
    Dude! USAF represents here.
    My dad ( sadly deceased. ) was US Air Force from the late 50's until he retired in 1975. We were able to travel to a lot of places with him after Nam, one of which was Karamursel Air Base near Yalova, Turkey (69-72 ). Great memories about those times.
    Last edited by wayzim; 16-Jun-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Bcuz

Super Moderator

Germany
    Been here since 1997 or so.

England
    No idea how long I've here.
    Always have had the same handle though
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Just been bitten

Scotland
    My old forum user name was Wildee.
    I remember the heady days of the secret 'invite only' forum. At that time there was a lot of activity on the forum, yet we had so little to debate in terms of material. The dream of a TV series. The zombie episode of Sliders got folk talking. Those were good times. IMO, this is just a faint shadow of what it once was. No offence.

When everything changed I lost my impressive post count of 400!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    I remember the heady days of the secret 'invite only' forum.
    Christ, the amount of hassle/agro that "invitation only" forum caused! At least the current one doesn't cause the same problem!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan