Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Old members

United States
    I miss forums, this one and the old dune one I use to go to all those years ago. Glad to still see some activity on this one. I'm still kicking around in Indiana, I ran for state house in a heavily gerrymandered district and got clobbered, but am still a city councilman here. Working as a nurse doing telehealth right now, and still trying to volunteer for disaster aid around the nation and elsewhere when I can. I spent a couple weeks in the Navajo nation earlier this year and it was really rewarding helping their covid patients out.

I miss debating which weapons would be best or worst in a zombie apocalypse with everyone, back when the genre wasn't very big. Glad to still see some interest in the genre and folks kicking around.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Dying

Undisclosed
    Ah yes. Having just turned 56 perhaps I should look into the use of a cane against the undead.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's still there, hidden away
    Yikes, I never expected to see that again!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    Hello all its been ALONG time...

- - - Updated - - -

And I still have a MySpace? Dang I'm old...
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Oh my god…it’s still here! Talk about coming home! I got a birthday notification and it looks like I remembered my old password. Just turned 35 and was in middle school or high school when I first joined. It’s good to look around and see so many recognizable names still around!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Oh my god…it’s still here! Talk about coming home! I got a birthday notification and it looks like I remembered my old password. Just turned 35 and was in middle school or high school when I first joined. It’s good to look around and see so many recognizable names still around!
    35... Practically a baby
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    35... Practically a baby
    I wish my back and joints agreed with that sentiment!

Isle of Man
    I'll be 39 next month. Ugh. Just spent 2 hours looking at old names and faces. Was such a special time, back in the day. Green on green. I remember a board even before that. Think it was Romero's own website. Memories are all jumbled together now. Hope you're all well.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub View Post
    I'll be 39 next month. Ugh. Just spent 2 hours looking at old names and faces. Was such a special time, back in the day. Green on green. I remember a board even before that. Think it was Romero's own website. Memories are all jumbled together now. Hope you're all well.
    Hello stranger

Yeh, Romero's site just didn't seem to take off did it...

BTW - https://fiction.homepageofthedead.com/forum.pl?f=7 (Can't believe I wrote that forum software from the ground up )
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    OMG - the old threaded format! <<<swoon>>>

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I first joined in 2006. I don’t post much but I lurk with the best of them. ��
    Last edited by Suicycho; 13-Jul-2022 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Undisclosed
    Posting here for the first time in eons. Good to see the forums still going strong.