Thread: Dead Island 2 (video game)

Administrator

England

Dead Island 2 (video game)

This trailer can't compete with the awesome trailer for the original, but it is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjf1amdOAw

Anyway, the trailer leaves us none-the-wiser how Dead Island 2 differs to the original.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Great.

There's something I love about the Dead Island games, despite their obvious flaws.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Great.

There's something I love about the Dead Island games, despite their obvious flaws.
    I do remember exploring around some hotels and loving every jumpy minute of it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Some gameplay montage stuff - looks like it'll be a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKsV5EOV5U

Super Moderator

UK
    I never played the first one because I heard numerous reports about it having tons of bugs and various nuisances in terms of gameplay and user interface etc that sapped the fun or caused frustration - and that sort of stuff really gets on my tits in games, so I just avoided it. Hopefully they've ironed that shit out for the sequel - that trailer does look cool, although it could easily be very selective, avoiding showing us glitches, bugs, nuisances, weak story & characters etc. I'm hoping for something good though!

Fresh Meat

United States
    The game looks fun and for the most part I enjoyed the first game

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I never played the first one because I heard numerous reports about it having tons of bugs and various nuisances in terms of gameplay and user interface etc that sapped the fun or caused frustration - and that sort of stuff really gets on my tits in games, so I just avoided it. Hopefully they've ironed that shit out for the sequel - that trailer does look cool, although it could easily be very selective, avoiding showing us glitches, bugs, nuisances, weak story & characters etc. I'm hoping for something good though!
    They had their share of bugs no doubt, but both games were great fun. there's nothing like having a few beers and beating ten shades of shite out of a load of zombies.

They can be had for a song now.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK
    The more I see of this, the tastier it looks... Nothing to do with Techland either, so it should be a lot less buggy... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4T9SfdzzO8

Administrator

England
    So after NINE YEARS...

Not sure about the 'corrupted DNA' for 'magic'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXBLlEHjaqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbsH6ESuTFc
    -Carl Sagan

England
    After Dying Light 1 & 2 does this have a place in the game space
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA