Thread: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty or innocent?

Administrator

England

Oscar Pistorius - Guilty or innocent?

So the trial of Oscar Pistorius is coming to an end - He says he shot Reeva Steenkamp by mistake, fearing there was an intruder in his house in the early hours of Valentine's Day, 2013.

Either this is the truth, and he shot her by mistake, or there was some sort of argument and he murdered her. Going to be fascinating to see what the outcome of this trial is.

And even if he is found innocent of murdering here (intentionally), could he still then be found guilty of negligence?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Guilty !!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    Guilty !!
    You think he shot her on purpose knowing she was the person in the toilet?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Just seems to convenient to me like. Just cos he heard a noise in the toilet doesnt mean you go firing through the door, you would check to see if your wife/girlfriend was ok in bed first. And what would a burglar be doing locked in the toilet in the first place? Just doesnt add up to me .

Administrator

England
    ^^ That said, have you been to South Africa? The crime that goes on there is mad! There's razor wire around the schools!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    There's noway this guy is innocent. Nooooo waaaay.

United States
    Guilty as fook. OJ called & said he'll help him look for the real killer when he gets out. Oh, wait...
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 08-Jul-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Do I stutter?

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    He is guilty

- - - Updated - - -

He is guilty

Administrator

England
    Guilty of culpable homicide - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29149581

From what I understand that basically means he didn't intend to kill her, but his stupidity (negligence) caused it!

The verdict leaves the disgraced sprinter facing up to 15 years in jail, although legal experts suggest seven to 10 years is more likely when sentence is passed in a couple of weeks.
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    I think hes a lucky man to get that, i honestly think he meant to kill her

UK
    Hmm, difficult one this. As far as I know, he's always admitted that he shot her all along.
    That doesn't seem like the actions of someone who is trying to get away with murder, he knew
    he was going to prison either way. But, his side of things is so incredibly unbelievable that,
    well, who knows, you'd have to be a madman to try that as a defence?

All I know, i'm glad i'm not the judge.

R