Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hateful Eight (film) - Quentin Tarantino

Ireland
    Like so many Tarantino films, 'The Hateful Eight' starts out brilliantly and then takes a turn into stupid land. For this particular film, that turn happens with the poison coffee. The picture goes to shit after that. His best movie is still 'Reservoir Dogs'. Easily the most satisfying thing he's done, with 'Jackie Brown' and 'Pulp Fiction' following up. The rest of his stuff I don't really care too much for.

He's a strange director. Always interesting, but after 'Jackie Brown', always disappointing.

So, I couldn't really say that I'm that enthused about an even longer version of 'The Hateful Eight'. It was long enough to begin with.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Inglorious Bastards was fantastic with Pulp Fiction being my favorite.

Kill Bill and Django were fun too so I guess I disagree with everything after Jackie being disappointing.

H8 was his worst for sure.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    The first 'Kill Bill' was fine, but part 2 was pretty awful for me.

And 'Django' was pleasantly good for most of its running time. But by the third act I was done.

I absolutely hated 'Inglorious Bastards' (sorry "basterds" Hate that nonsense as well).
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    I dig 'em all.

And yep, I love "Death Proof".

QT does have a tendency to be overlong with his films nowadays, though, I will say that (Reservoir Dogs was a brisk 92 minutes IIRC, and Kill Bill was about 102 IIRC). However, I still enjoy them a hell of a lot and go back for repeated viewings.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I gave the extended Netflix version a look see. I’d seen the theatrical release maybe two or three times prior, not nearly enough to have it all memorized, but I honestly didn’t catch anything that stood out as additional footage in this Extended Cut??

I enjoyed it, same as the previous edit, but I expected at least a scene or two to stand out as being new, but nope....didn’t notice anything of the sort. So if you’re not able to see this new version, don’t fret over it, as I personally didn’t see anything that makes it worth a special viewing. All-in-all, it felt exactly the same as the theatrical edit, so you can just enjoy that one again and get the same affect, only without the episode separation and credits every forty five minutes.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow! Surprised to see so many differences and I didn’t really pick up on any of them! Granted, most of them are very minor.