Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z NATION coming soon to SYFY

Dying

Undisclosed

Z NATION coming soon to SYFY

Saw a preview for this during SHARKNADO 2.
    That's right, SYFY is going to air Asylum's trailer trash version of THE WALKING DEAD. Hopefully it's low rent enough to come across like a JERRY SPRINGER SHOW episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdvVh89wN8
    Z Nation, a 13-episode zombie series, is coming to Syfy in September. From production company The Asylum (Sharknado), the action-horror series depicts the epic struggle to save humanity after a zombie apocalypse. The series will be produced by The Asylum and sold internationally by Dynamic Television.
    Z Nation is a dynamic ensemble drama that will plunge viewers into a fully-imagined, post-zombie America and take them on adventures with a diverse group of richly-drawn characters. Getting to know the reluctant heroes, their flaws, idiosyncrasies, and moral dilemmas will ultimately become the heart of the show.
    The cast includes Harold Perrineau (Lost, Oz), Tom Everett Scott (Beauty and the Beast, Southland), DJ Qualls (Road Trip, Supernatural), Michael Welch (The Twilight trilogy), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show), Anastasia Baranova (The Darkness II), Russel Hodgkingson (Big Fish) and Keith Allan (Rise of the Zombies)
    Z Nation starts three years after the zombie virus has gutted the country, a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    Saw a preview for this during SHARKNADO 2.
    That's right, SYFY is going to air Asylum's trailer trash version of THE WALKING DEAD.
    Oh, Neils' head is going to go up in smoke over this one!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Oh, Neils' head is going to go up in smoke over this one!
    $hitty people, who normally make $hitty films, now moving into $hit TV programs... $hit happens!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

Undisclosed
    What I would really love is for the Italians to get in on this action.

Fresh Meat

United States
    I'll watch anything with zombies in it. Hopefully it's at least mildly entertaining

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwohlers View Post
    I'll watch anything with zombies in it. Hopefully it's at least mildly entertaining
    The Asylum? Mildly Entertaining? They'll need to seriously up their game first!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Took under 30 secs to determine it is horrible. Bad bad bad. Crap acting, crap zombies just pure crap. They are trying to copy TWD. White hair/bearded elder(Hershel), Strong fighter black chic(Michonne), A man that goes on an epic solo zombie smash with a Hammer(Tyrese). The final shot of Episode 1 is two vehicles headed into a city on a deserted highway.....anyone? I was bored and tuned in for the second half. I will not watch it again.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Took under 30 secs to determine it is horrible. Bad bad bad. Crap acting, crap zombies just pure crap. They are trying to copy TWD. White hair/bearded elder(Hershel), Strong fighter black chic(Michonne), A man that goes on an epic solo zombie smash with a Hammer(Tyrese). The final shot of Episode 1 is two vehicles headed into a city on a deserted highway.....anyone? I was bored and tuned in for the second half. I will not watch it again.
    The Asylum? A poor unimaginative total rip off? A wasted opportunity for something original? SURELY NOT?
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    "Here, baby baby...." is about the most ludicrous line of dialogue I've heard in my life... Like, dude, it's a baby! You don't- gah! Why do people think zombie fans are actually brain dead and will buy this crud?! I- pfsh! Syfy channel is becoming more and more of a joke: a pale waif of its former self. If they're not making weak low budget films, they're just blatantly pandering to 'geeks'. And now this, and that 'Docuseries' about zombies (can't be arsed to remember the name of it)... I'm done. Syfy can go screw itself. Face/Off isn't even interesting anymore. When's TWD back again?

UK
    Is this actually out in the UK yet?

I'll give it a spin, just to formulate my own opinion -
    But im not holding my breath by any means.

Googled & checked the TV guide on my sat box, but can't find
    any mention of it?

or is it a straight up case of UK folks donning an eye-patch
    and a peg-leg???? arrrrgh

R

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Asylum? A poor unimaginative total rip off? A wasted opportunity for something original? SURELY NOT?
    Shocking beyond words isn't it? Almost.as if Uwe Boll started making bad movies.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I gotta jump in...

Sure, Z Nation is crap, but it was FUN crap. It's Asylum, so it's not going to take itself seriously. Remember "Zombie Apocalypse"? The zombie lion? (Lion, right?) I'm certainly not going to take this show seriously; I'll tune in from time to time to see what sort of batsh@t ideas they throw at the wall...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I gotta jump in...

Sure, Z Nation is crap, but it was FUN crap. It's Asylum, so it's not going to take itself seriously. Remember "Zombie Apocalypse"? The zombie lion? (Lion, right?) I'm certainly not going to take this show seriously; I'll tune in from time to time to see what sort of batsh@t ideas they throw at the wall...
    Question: Do you think the same budget, time and effort, in better hands, could have produced something better?

The Asylum aim cheap and low, and consistantly deliver on target.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I agree Neil, the same money, and time in better hands produces a better result. But that can be hit or miss. We have seen low budget offerings really wow the public.

UK
    Ive just watched it and i enjoyed it but then i love anything with zombies in (except for the Day Of The Dead remake)
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!