Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romero not impressed with modern horror films

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Case in point when I was watching the trailer for 'Occulous' the only thing I could think the whole time was , "just break the damn mirror, problem solved."
    Actually, Oculus was one of the better ones I've seen in a while. Trust me, their plan IS to break the mirror. Not as easy as you think.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thesurvivor View Post
    Was land of the dead one of his movies?
    That was a terrible movie. But anyway Most zombie movies are horrible, low production, filled with cliches, and horrible storries, which is why i dont watch zombie movies anymore.
    Yes, it was. Actually that one wasn't that bad. Certainly not as good as his first 3 zombie films, but not his worst. You should see his worst zombie movie yet, "Survival of the Dead". Besides a few entertaining scenes (like a grumpy old-timer with a bundle of lit sticks of dynamite blowing up a shack full of zombies), there's just not much worth watching here. Even most of the "special effects" are just cheesy CGI graphics that you can see in just about any cheap Syfy Channel movie. There's been a few better zombie productions (like The Dead or just about any episode of The Walking Dead) than his last zombie efforts. I find that Romero has gone pretty much the same way that Fulci did: made a good zombie flick or two, and then just made not very memorable stuff.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thesurvivor View Post
    Was land of the dead one of his movies?
    That was a terrible movie. But anyway Most zombie movies are horrible, low production, filled with cliches, and horrible storries, which is why i dont watch zombie movies anymore.

Land blew chunks. I have no idea how any fan of the trilogy could like that cheese fest. Real trash. One scene no one here kills is that pathetic scene where that roaring zombie left Dennis Hopper in the gas soaked limo, walked up the ramp out on the street and then came back a few minutes later with a Molotov cocktail, hand grenade or something and then killed Hopper. That was the worst scene I have ever seen on film, so laughable. Romero should be ashamed.
    Thank god George lost interest in the genre
    And don't get me started on Survival. What retard financed that?

- - - Updated - - -

And as far as I'm concerned, how is Romero "not impressed" with horror movies today??? What a joker. I don't like today's Horror either but George made Survival. George.....put down the crack-pipe

And this is coming from one of his biggest fans. But I call it like I see it.