Thread: Zombie Experts Toast Shaun Of The Dead

Undisclosed

Zombie Experts Toast Shaun Of The Dead

Last edited by wayzim; 26-Sep-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: B'cuz

Administrator

England
    Interesting read...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Interesting read...
    Agreed. Schlozman's little story was very neat.

Ah yes, one of the best films of all time... I remember when I first saw it, back in Sophomore year of high school I think it was. My uncle, who throws huge Halloween parties and dresses up every year, went as Shaun once, and the outfit was perfect, even though it's simple. I will always love this film, and it is a little crazy to think it's already ten years of age. Almost as important to me as the original '...Dead' trilogy. I really want to go watch it now.

England
    I liked SotD for the simple reason that once the professional military got involved and assessed the problem that the zombies seemed to get fucked over pretty quickly.

Like the guy said in the WWZ movie when asked how he dealt with the un-dead problem "expenditure of ammunition..."

Oh, and it was also a kick arse movie that balanced zombiegeddon with awesome humour!
    Last edited by Legion2213; 03-Oct-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey, ten years already eh? Actually about ten and a half for we Brits. I remember going to see it during easter break in 2004 - top film and always will be.

I've not seen it in a long time (just some clips on telly when flicking around) ... I kinda over-watched it, so now I've got to leave it for a good long while to make it brand new again, you know? Still love the film and it's very British sensibility - I love it when Shaun and Ed finally realise there's a zombie apocalypse all around them and, not knowing what to do and getting into a panic, they just have a sit down and watch the telly.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I love it when Shaun and Ed finally realise there's a zombie apocalypse all around them and, not knowing what to do and getting into a panic, they just have a sit down and watch the telly.
    Haha, yeah - I think this film perfectly highlights how differently we'd handle the zombie apocalypse on this side of the pond. Americans lock n' load, we pop the kettle on!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    10 years wow. Tempus fugit.
    The artlicle is just so-so. It is full of opinions that any zombie fan could arrive.at. the word "expert" is completely out of place. I am unaware of any universities or accredited trade schools which offer high level degrees in zombology.

Zombie experts....indeed. logical fallacy alert.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    10 years wow. Tempus fugit.
    The article is just so-so. It is full of opinions that any zombie fan could arrive.at. the word "expert" is completely out of place. I am unaware of any universities or accredited trade schools which offer high level degrees in zombology.

Zombie experts....indeed. logical fallacy alert.
    You're right, Mike. We can take em down, easy.

Of course if there is a significant body of knowledge over time, regardless of the subject, and one is as well versed in it as you or I, than Expert is a correct term. You don't always need specific degrees or certificates, just enough life experience. Just a thought.