Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks. Season 3.

Undisclosed

Twin Peaks. Season 3.

After Lynch tweeting 'that gum you like is going to come back in style' we get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHsA4WIFvc

Lynch and Frost will write and produce nine episodes which will all be directed by Lynch himself.
    For better or worse: something to look forward to.

Absolutely loved Twin Peaks back in the day and still do. Seems like we will finally find out what Bob and the rest of the black lodge have in store for old Coop.
    Last edited by krisvds; 07-Oct-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    It'll be interesting to see how the 'in 25 years' element in the original story will now play out with a real-time interim of 25 years.

I was sooooo super stoked when I heard about this yesterday. It'll be interesting to see it - presumably - take on a darker edge like the movie, being that it's going to be on Showtime. Also it's great to see that Lynch is returning to directing in a big way (i.e. more than just some music videos/shorts in the years since 2006's Inland Empire).

I'm really looking forward to this, but oh my, 2016 ... it's a long wait, but I'm confident it's going to very much be worth it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Not a huge Twin Peaks fan. Season 1 was fantastic but I stopped watching halfway through season 2.

Even so, I'm looking forward to this. Will give me an excuse to finally finish Season 2 - and watch Fire Walk with Me.

Administrator

England
    This should be interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Cooper is in:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/...01373209260033

Kyle MachLachlan's return is essential. The actor works so well in Lynch's world (I believe Blue Velvet, still, is his best work).

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Not a huge Twin Peaks fan. Season 1 was fantastic but I stopped watching halfway through season 2.

Even so, I'm looking forward to this. Will give me an excuse to finally finish Season 2 - and watch Fire Walk with Me.
    So, you're basically saying two thirds of the series is fantastic? I agree. Once the murder mystery is solved the series really slips ...
    You really should try and sit through the rest of it just to reach the final episode which is brilliant. A true barrage of cliffhangers and Lynch being Lynch.
    Last edited by krisvds; 08-Oct-2014 at 01:30 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Cooper is in:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/...01373209260033

Kyle MachLachlan's return is essential. The actor works so well in Lynch's world (I believe Blue Velvet, still, is his best work).
    Excellent news! It was a must, really, after the end of season two you can't not do a third season without Cooper. Hopefully they can bring back as many of the old, surviving, faces as possible.

It's going to be interesting to see how they address the shedload of cliffhangers that closed out season two.

United States
    i read online earlier this week that february 24th was "twin peaks" day, since that was the date laura palmer's body was found and the story begins. having never seen a single episode, the fiance and i decided we'd go ahead and give it a go, since they've recently announced a third season. after three episodes, we are both rather intrigued by the show thus far, and are going to spend the next few weeks marathoning the entire series and the movie.

it's a little premature, given that i don't know where the series wound up at after the second season, but i'm rather interested in seeing how they are work around a 25-year hiatus...and it makes me wonder if any other shows can say that nearly a quarter century passed between the filming of two consecutive seasons.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 28-Feb-2015 at 06:03 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, a strange and wonderful journey awaits.

The second season does get wobbly for about 8 episodes after a particular event (no spoilers - just stick with it), but it does rally together again for the final episodes.

In some ways the 25 year gap almost seems intentional, even though in reality it wasn't, but ... you'll understand what I mean soon enough.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've got the series lined up on instant Netflix. Like Prof, I've never seen it and this announcement plus the good word of mouth around here has given me the urge to check it out.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Feb-2015 at 01:27 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've got the series lined up on instant Netflix. Like Prof, I've never seen it and this announcement plus the good word of mouth around here has given me the urge to check it out.
    Just make sure you watch the TV series first and then Fire Walk With Me, because although FWWM takes place just before Twin Peaks, it's spoiler central for new viewers.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Lynch and Frost will write and produce nine episodes which will all be directed by Lynch himself.
    Umm... No he won't - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32194193

Director David Lynch has confirmed he will not direct the sequel to Twin Peaks, citing disagreement over money.

Writing on Twitter, Lynch said he had not been given enough money "to do the script in the way I felt it needed to be done".
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    FFS!!!

Hopefully this can be sorted out ... you'd have thought that after making such a public affair of bringing Twin Peaks back - and getting fans worldwide so excited - they would have had these sorts of things figured out already!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've finally gotten around to giving the original two seasons a viewing. Well...I'm technically not finished with season 2, just passed the episode where the killer is revealed, but I'm already a big fan. For the first few episodes, maybe even the whole short first season, I was a bit thrown off by the.....I guess..."lynch-ness" of the show. I've seen several of his films and recognize some of his peculiar style, but it was strange going from the what seems like a straight-forward "who dunnit" to having all these strange characters and supernatural elements thrown at you. ESPECIALLY the first dream sequence in the third episode. I felt uneasy watching that sequence, which was fantastic!

So anyway, I've still got roughly half of season two to go(sadly reading in this thread that it's going to stumble a bit ), but I'm already looking forward to seeing it continued in the new season. This seems to be yet another example of a fantastic series that was ended too soon, but hopefully it can be revived in a pleasing way. Heck...just seeing Kyle Maclachlan back as Cooper will make me happy. I've seen the man in many projects over the years, but he seems like he was born to be Agent Cooper.

And on a side note....I was extremely pleased when Michael Parks popped up in season two. I've always loved him and didn't know he was in this series...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jun-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, after the killer is revealed there's a couple of solid episodes - then it takes a general trip downwards for about 8 episodes ... that said, there's still good stuff amongst the bad stuff ... so keep watching. Thankfully it picks up towards the end of season two again and goes out strong.

Be sure to watch the movie "Fire Walk With Me" afterwards - it's excellent - it's full-on Lynch.

And, now that the money problems have been solved and Lynch is fully back on board - roll on Season 3!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Okay....so I've finished "the entire mystery". Awesome! Of course it's left sort of intentionally as several cliffhangers, but fom what I gather from the black lodge deleted scenes and lynch's thoughts is that Cooper is actually still trapped in the black lodge? And as Laura told him, he's got 25 years?

If that's the case, its one hell of a coincidence that the show is now returning 25 years later. I can't wait!

Now I'm off to order some twin peaks swag. Shirts with Coop drinking coffee, giving the thumbs up, and of course the log!