Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin Peaks. Season 3.

Super Moderator

UK
    So only five more episodes to go.

This'll definitely be one that I'll need to re-watch. I've gone back over a few scenes on YouTube and they make more sense, or reveal things that I hadn't noticed before. I think it'll also help to binge watch it without week-long gaps in-between episodes.

There's the possibility of another season, too, or at least the idea of having a conversation about another season. Apparently the Showtime folks are going to have a talk with Lynch after this season has wrapped up and explore options. Apparently it's done quite well, particularly on alternative viewing platforms.

Certain things have been frustrating, but other things have been absolutely glorious. The storytelling approach is different to the original two seasons, but over-the-piece it's strong. Like I said, I think it will benefit from a binge watch so you can stitch together some of the mysteries that you miss/forget about when watching it week-to-week.

Administrator

England
    I couldn't handle it myself, and gave up early in the series. A friend of mine is really enjoying it though!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I couldn't handle it myself, and gave up early in the series. A friend of mine is really enjoying it though!
    Well if you didn't really watch the original seasons (you said that, IIRC?), then it's hardly surprising.

I'm digging it. There's some things I'd want more or less of, but overall I'm excited to see each episode.