Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Origins (film) - NotLD prequel by Cameron & George Romero

UK

Origins (film) - NotLD prequel by Cameron & George Romero

Looks like we could be getting an official prequel to Night - we'll finally find out what caused it all, though I'm sure that won't stop the debates around here!

If you fancy getting involved they're looking for backers too: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...ro-zombie-film

I'm seriously thinking about throwing some cash at this... take a punt and become part of the legacy in some small way.

Administrator

England
    So you can spend $3000 on a signed script... and then they want to charge you another $20 for postage. Lol!

Not sure if the 1960s is a good idea with the budget implications, but I suspect I'll chuck some $ at this to help it along
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I dont want an answer, so I'm not so sure sbout this.

Also. i do not like the idea of fans having a "vote". If fans vote for creative decisions, why do we need the director? Isn't his or her vision supposed to guide us, not the other way around?

United States
    Hurm. Not sure how I feel about this. Visions of the 30th still haunt me. Hurm.

Super Moderator

UK
    Do we need the explanation cleared up? The actual reason for the zombies in GAR's flicks was never a concern or interest of mine.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Do we need the explanation cleared up? The actual reason for the zombies in GAR's flicks was never a concern or interest of mine.

I agree actually... Better left "unknown" IMHO!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I read the "pitch" and it comes across as pretty sanctimonious, to me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I agree actually... Better left "unknown" IMHO!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I read the "pitch" and it comes across as pretty sanctimonious, to me.
    From the Indiegogo page:

Origins takes place in the Turmoil of the 1960's just shortly before "Night of the Living Dead", and explains how The 'Original' Romero Zombie was created.

In 1962, Dr. Ryan Cartwright was on the scientific and altruistic path to find a way for humans to sustain life in the event of M.A.D (Mutual Assured Destruction), a huge topic brought on by the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Little did he know that over the course of the next several years of his life, he would take a well-funded and military focused journey to the darkest corners of the world… as he creates the ultimate weapon for the government and a curse that will plague mankind for the rest of days.
    Pass.

Is this the same son who came on a few years ago & ripped everyone a new a-hole for criticizing his tattoo shop or something? Hope he doesn't stop by & start yelling again...

No disrespect at all, I just think it's not a great idea & like the rest of y'all, better left mysterious.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Is this the same son who came on a few years ago & ripped everyone a new a-hole for criticizing his tattoo shop or something? Hope he doesn't stop by & start yelling again...
    I think it's a differet son. That was Andrew, this one seems to be G. Cameron Romero. Man, that was a fun thread, thankfully it didn't get really ugly. I just searched it up and literally laughed out loud re-reading Trin's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    "Hey man, I asked for a bitchin' tattoo of a chick with a snake. WTF is this?"

"Ah, well, what you wanted isn't really what I had in mind. But this tattoo I gave you is commenting on society..."

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver
    No disrespect at all, I just think it's not a great idea & like the rest of y'all, better left mysterious.
    Much agreed. But hey, if they make a great film I'll be happy for them, and hopefully enjoy it...I just don't know how likely that is given the Origin story direction, budget, GAR's recent track record and other factors. All these factors are things that can be overcome individually, but together it makes a tougher row to hoe.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I think it's a differet son. That was Andrew, this one seems to be G. Cameron Romero..
    Thanks. I could have looked, but I was lazy.

England

Exactly.

NotLD aside, I loved the press conference at the start of Dawn 04 where there government reps answer to every question was "we don't know"...it's exactly how a zombie apocalypse should be (seeing as zombies are pretty much impossible without bringing supernatural elements into play).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Exactly.

NotLD aside, I loved the press conference at the start of Dawn 04 where there government reps answer to every question was "we don't know"...it's exactly how a zombie apocalypse should be (seeing as zombies are pretty much impossible without bringing supernatural elements into play).
    "We bein' punished by da Creator. He visited a curse on on us. So we might get a look at...what HELL was like."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    "We bein' punished by da Creator. He visited a curse on on us. So we might get a look at...what HELL was like."

Perfect, baby. Perfect.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    When I, and this place, was all up to our ears in Romero myth discussion we used to talk about this all the time. I seem to remember most everyone wanted the origin to remain a mystery. After all, part of the fun with Romero's films has been to analyze them and talk to you guys about theories.

This seems dumb. Even if there is an answer out there, I want the characters in our films to be as clueless about it as we are.

Super Moderator

UK
    Plus, realistically, any explanation they give is going to disappointing or infuriate or confuse chunks of the audience. You're setting yourself up for a tough time from the get-go.