Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Tremors 5" (film)...

Super Moderator

UK

"Tremors 5" (film)...

http://dailydead.com/filming-underwa...hoto-revealed/

The giant worms known as Graboids are back to snack on unlucky surface dwellers in Tremors 5, but standing in their way as always is the indomitable Burt Gummer (Michael Gross). Filming on the latest installment in Universal’s horror franchise that began in 1990 is now underway in South Africa, with Jamie “Randy Meeks” Kennedy starring opposite Gross and Don Michael Paul in the director’s chair:

Written by Tremors 3: Back to Perfection scribe John Whelpley, Tremors 5 will come out on home media in 2016. We have the official press release with full details:

“UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Oct. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — The fifth heart-pounding installment in the action-packed sci-fi comedy-adventure franchise, Tremors 5 began principal photography in South Africa on September 22, 2014. With even more deadly creatures on the loose, Tremors 5 continues the films’ hallmark combination of adrenaline-laced suspense, explosive action and tongue-in-cheek humor. Michael Gross returns for his fifth appearance in the Tremors films alongside new cast member, Scream film series star Jamie Kennedy in this original release from Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Tremors 5 will be released on Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def, DVD and Digital HD in 2016.

The theatrical release of the original Tremors in 1990 combined suspense-filled action, sci-fi imagination and witty humor in the tale of a tiny Nevada town terrorized by giant man-eating worms known as Graboids. The Graboids eventually morphed into even more deadly creatures known as Ass Blasters. In this all-new adventure that travels halfway around the world to South Africa, the Graboids and the Ass Blasters are not only bigger and badder but Tremors 5 introduces an additional unexpected surprise that raises the stakes in the battle for survival.
    Yay!

I'm a big Tremors fan so I'm looking forward to this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I stopped watching after 2. They were all direct-to-dvd after that anyway, weren't they?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I stopped watching after 2. They were all direct-to-dvd after that anyway, weren't they?
    Yes, Tremors 2 and onwards were all direct to video/DVD - and the same will be the case for Tremors 5 - but, frankly, in a world where our media is so fragmented with so many niche markets out there, the theatrical route isn't a must anymore.

#2 was the best of the sequels and a hell of a good time. I love that movie.

#3 was fun, but it did show up just how cheap the production was, which was a damn shame. On the plus side it went back to the town of Perfection and brought numerous cast members back, so it had a homely and familiar feel to it.

The TV series was good fun too, but there were some dud episodes in there, although most of them were good.

#4 was better on my second viewing, and had a good look and budget behind it, however it was ultimately pointless as we were being shown a different group of people a century prior essentially retracing the steps of the first Tremors movie. We as an audience already knew what graboids were and how to defeat them, so seeing a new group figuring that stuff out lacked tension. It was still a decent flick though, even if it lacked the true Burt Gummer experience.

#5 - looking forward to it!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Oct-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    TRAILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQSRVSOB0FU

Out on October 6th 2015 ... not sure if that's only for America, though.

Administrator

England
    Yummy! Fingers crossed it's OK!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't recall seeing any of the sequels after the second film. I enjoy the first two films though.

That picture in the first post.....would they really need to be running while standing around all those cows? Seems like the graboids would be more than satisfied with the hamburger buffet...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That picture in the first post.....would they really need to be running while standing around all those cows? Seems like the graboids would be more than satisfied with the hamburger buffet...
    Aye, but we don't know the context of it either. Maybe the cattle are being used as a distraction for them to run to safer ground? Don't really know ... hopefully the movie turns out good! *fingers crossed*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This flick is pretty much in line with the other sequels. Not a terrible way to waste 90 minutes. Of course it has that certain B-movie feel like the previous sequels.

Now Burt has an American Reality TV series. Something about that seems perfectly fitting for the character.

6/10

Super Moderator

UK
    This flick is pretty much in line with the other sequels. Not a terrible way to waste 90 minutes. Of course it has that certain B-movie feel like the previous sequels.

Now Burt has an American Reality TV series. Something about that seems perfectly fitting for the character.

6/10
    I've heard it said that, in comparison to - and in terms of - the sequels, Tremors 5 sits around about Tremors 2 quality wise. Would you agree?

This one's on my list.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah it's pretty close to "Aftershocks". I have a certain place in my heart for the second film, so I can't say they're equal, but its pretty close.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah it's pretty close to "Aftershocks". I have a certain place in my heart for the second film, so I can't say they're equal, but its pretty close.
    Good to hear, and like you I have a particular place in my heart for Tremors 2. I remember one day after school we went into the video rental shop in town and - having had no idea there was a Tremors 2 on its way (this was before the days of the World Wide Web being in wide, let alone moderate, use) - seeing a handful of Tremors 2 videos on the shelves I promptly flipped my shit and rented it immediately.

I love that film. Sure, it's not as good as Tremors - but it's like comparing BTTF2 to BTTF1 - so I'm glad to hear it's in the near vicinity of Tremors 2. I enjoy the third movie, but it was woefully underfunded (and evidently nowhere near enough post production time), and the fourth movie was like waiting for the entire movie to catch up with the superior knowledge you had over the characters, which was frustrating (although the production was far ahead of Tremors 3). Then the TV series was a mixed bag (with some rather ropey CGI) ... some episodes were genuinely excellent, while others were very dodgy, but overall it was good fun.

I'll see about getting Tremors 5 soon.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Nov-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can’t recall hearing the news about a sixth entry existing, and then today I read that “Burt” has signed on for Tremors 7??

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...t-of-tremors-7

Rising

United States
    This franchise should have called it quits a long time ago. The first movie was good, all the other ones were "meh!"

Administrator

England
    i can’t recall hearing the news about a sixth entry existing, and then today i read that “burt” has signed on for tremors 7??

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...t-of-tremors-7
    omg!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Tremors - an absolute classic and a prime example of perfect screenwriting that can sit alongside Back to the Future.

Tremors 2 - I love this one. It follows on directly from the original, but also really starts expanding on the Burt Gummer character. Lots of fun and action in this one.

Tremors 3 - we return to the town of Perfection, and there's a load of returning cast members which is very welcome, although the film suffers from a clear lack of budget (especially in post production).

Tremors 4 - better budget and presentation, but it's kinda pointless as we as an audience know how to take on a Graboid, but here we are watching a new group from a century prior in the same town having to learn the ropes. It tries some interesting things and we see the origin of the Burt Gummer gun freak thing, but it doesn't quite work for me.

Tremors 5 - obviously we're far from the heady days of the first two movies, however this one actually works quite well and introduces a 'Gummer & Son' aspect to it. There's quite a lot of good humour and action, even if you know it's set in South Africa because there's obviously tax incentives to shoot there.

Tremors 6 - a step down. It's okay, but Burt Gummer gets sidelined. Setting it in a cold setting is an interesting idea ... just a shame that it has clearly been shot in a fucking desert (still those South African tax incentives and production locales) and then they've done colour correction in post to make the sand look white rather than yellow.

Then there was the TV show that came around about the time of the third movie. It's a mixed bag with some episodes being pretty bad, but then other episodes are really good fun. They kinda squeeze as much juice from it as they can and only hardcore Tremors fans will get mileage out of it, probably, but the Perfection setting with returning characters and links to the third movie help things along. Early days of 'affordable CGI for television', mind you, and it's quite obvious, heh.

Hopefully Tremors 7 will be an improvement over #6 and I'd dearly like for them to find a new tax haven to shoot the movie in.