Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Tremors 5" (film)...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can’t imagine what would make them go with further sequels instead of the TV series starring Kevin Bacon. I don’t mean to talk negatively about the films, it just seems that if you’re one of the money men and you have Kevin Bacon on board - you go with that!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I can’t imagine what would make them go with further sequels instead of the TV series starring Kevin Bacon. I don’t mean to talk negatively about the films, it just seems that if you’re one of the money men and you have Kevin Bacon on board - you go with that!
    It is very strange!

Mind you ... the teaser trailer for it was a bit ... ... hmmm. A mixed bag reaction from me.

Rising

United States
    Yesterday I revisited the second installment, Tremors 2: Aftershocks, after not having seen it in a very long time. It's certainly better than the other sequels, but still not as good as the first movie. The lower budget of this second film might explain why Kevin Bacon's & Reba McEntire's characters were carefully written out. Still, it's fun to see Michael Gross play a character so diametrically opposed to his other very well known character, the ultra-pacifist "ex-hippie" Steven Keaton from Family Ties.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yesterday I revisited the second installment, Tremors 2: Aftershocks, after not having seen it in a very long time. It's certainly better than the other sequels, but still not as good as the first movie. The lower budget of this second film might explain why Kevin Bacon's & Reba McEntire's characters were carefully written out. Still, it's fun to see Michael Gross play a character so diametrically opposed to his other very well known character, the ultra-pacifist "ex-hippie" Steven Keaton from Family Ties.
    They pull off a hell of a lot with $4 million on Tremors 2. Amazingly Tremors 3 cost $6 million, but boy does it look (and sound) cheaper than that.

I love Tremors and Tremors 2, indeed the whole franchise, but especially those first two flicks. Not have Val in it was done well though as he'd found love and cashed-in on the Graboids sensibly, unlike Earl ... until he got his "big third chance" anyway.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, Aftershocks stood out as a weaker film way back on my first viewing, yet there’s still something about it that I love. It always puts a smile on my face. I need to revisit it, actually...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah, Aftershocks stood out as a weaker film way back on my first viewing, yet there’s still something about it that I love. It always puts a smile on my face. I need to revisit it, actually...
    There's no way any Tremors sequel can best or even exactly match the first movie. Tremors is the Back to the Future of monster movies. You know how BTTF's screenplay is often pointed out as being a perfect script? Well, Tremors is also a perfect piece of writing. Every single scene we're learning new info, getting set-ups for later pay-offs, seeing the characters develop, it really is a wonderfully written film.

That said, Tremors 2 is awesome. I friggin' love that movie just as much as the first.