Thread: Time to update the "best DVD" with "best bluray" - Who can comment?

Administrator

England

Time to update the "best DVD" with "best bluray" - Who can comment?

About time we updated this don't you think? - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=104

What blurays should we put in there?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    well, I think that most will agree that the twilight time's night of the living dead blu ray should definitely not be filed under the "best" category. speaking of which, there was a three-year period that nobody else had the rights to produce a night '90 blu ray, if I remember correctly. so if that's the case, there is the possibility that a new blu ray could be not too far down the road. a 25th anniversary blu ray that added some extra "making-of" features would be awesome.

Administrator

England
    I think for Day of the Dead - "Shout Factory" is the one to have thusfar? - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Day-of...Blu-ray/61746/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it'd also be good to note what the region coding is for the entries - whether they're region locked (to which region) or whether they're region free. In the case of locked discs, provide the best alternative for other regions.

I can't personally comment on the Blu-Ray front as I don't have any of the GAR zombie flicks on the format (but I do have the best DVD versions).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To my knowledge, we STILL don't have Night on Region 1. Other than that, I believe the only R1 releases of Dawn and Day were the Anchor Bay sets.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    To my knowledge, we STILL don't have Night on Region 1. Other than that, I believe the only R1 releases of Dawn and Day were the Anchor Bay sets.
    I'd like to get a region 2 Day, but don't believe a good version exists? The Shout Factory one I mentioned above is region 1
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'd like to get a region 2 Day, but don't believe a good version exists? The Shout Factory one I mentioned above is region 1
    Maybe it'll eventually come to our shores ... but then again it'd have to be via Arrow, who currently own distribution rights to Day in the UK (the Day Blu-Ray in the UK is from Arrow).

You never know ... one day maybe. Three years after America, we Brits are finally getting the fully featured Blu-ray of Blue Velvet (with 52 minutes of deleted scenes) ... although I just imported that one as it was region free. It's strange that this region coding thing still gets used by some companies - WHY?!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Maybe it'll eventually come to our shores ... but then again it'd have to be via Arrow, who currently own distribution rights to Day in the UK (the Day Blu-Ray in the UK is from Arrow).

You never know ... one day maybe. Three years after America, we Brits are finally getting the fully featured Blu-ray of Blue Velvet (with 52 minutes of deleted scenes) ... although I just imported that one as it was region free. It's strange that this region coding thing still gets used by some companies - WHY?!
    Unfortunately my bluray players are region locked
    -Carl Sagan