Thread: Avengers: Age of Ultron (film)

Administrator

England

Avengers: Age of Ultron (film)

I thought the first one was OK... Hopefully this new one will be at least as good as the last Captain America flick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hulk buster suit, FTW!

I'm digging Spader's voice for Ultron, as well.

United States
    Looks bad ass all right.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hulk buster suit, FTW!

I'm digging Spader's voice for Ultron, as well.
    Aye & aye. That's the thing I've been most curious about. I love Spader. Great actor. But I'd had trouble imagining what he would sound like as Ultron. Sounds great.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a funny clip available of the team in casual clothing and they're all attempting to lift Mjolnir(Thor's hammer). As with the previous film, Whedon has a good sense of mixing the humor with the action and peril.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Saw it over the weekend. Enjoyable stuff, but IMHO Captain America 2 was a more solid flick IMHO.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was slightly underwhelmed with this entry. It certainly wasn't BAD, it was a fun enough time at the movies, but it left me feeling like it was missing something. I can't really put my finger on what exactly it was missing.

I also felt the darker tone didn't seem to work as well for the more bright and cheerful marvel cinematic universe.

I'm really looking forward to what the Russo brothers(The Winter Soldier) can bring to the two Infinity war films now that Whedon has left the franchise.

7/10
    Last edited by bassman; 16-May-2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^^ I'd have to say Captain America 2 was my favourite of these recently...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I saw it twice on opening weekend, one of those being in IMAX 3D.
    I dug the hell out of it, but I'd still rather have more Guardians. 20-effing-17?!?
    The only thing I really didn't care for was Ultron. Not a fan...
    I guess I was all wrapped up in seeing/semi knowing/guessing where it will/should probably all lead to. Cap' was also kicking that ass.
    Good stuff. Can't believe I never posted up earlier.

United States
    Well, it's finally hit in the top ten of all time domestic U.S. box office. Not really sure where it is worldwide, but I pretty much only follow this anyways...
    I was really hoping it'd top the first, but alot of big time movies popped up since it came out. It has had some pretty good legs, though. I may see it again when it hits the local $3 theater.