Thread: Marvel Studios Announces A slew of new 'Phase 3' films

Super Moderator

United States

Marvel Studios Announces A slew of new 'Phase 3' films

CBR is reporting on the new phase 3 titles confirmed for Marvel studios coming down the pike in 2016, 17, 18 & 19.

Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans titles, as well as Thor, Avengers, and Captain America follow ups featuring Ragnarok, Infinity Wars and Civil War storylines, respectively.

I'm freakin' dizzy over here!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Neat-o. With GoG it seems there is a market for lesser known characters, as long as it's good (which I've heard Guardians is). Wonder which iteration of Captain Marvel? I've heard rumblings that they've wanted to do a Carol Danvers version movie for some time, to get a strong female superheroine on the screen, which I would be totally down with, especially since DC can't get off their arse & figure out how to make a GOOD Wonder Woman project happen.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Neat-o. With GoG it seems there is a market for lesser known characters, as long as it's good (which I've heard Guardians is). Wonder which iteration of Captain Marvel? I've heard rumblings that they've wanted to do a Carol Danvers version movie for some time, to get a strong female superheroine on the screen, which I would be totally down with, especially since DC can't get off their arse & figure out how to make a GOOD Wonder Woman project happen.
    Guardians was great, glad it opened things up a bit. Also, the article I read said it's going to be that Danvers chick as Marvel.
    The main thing for me is them splitting the Avengers finale into two parts.
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    I was definitely NOT heartbroken over Black Widow and Hawkeye not getting their own movie. I dislike both of them. All he does is shoot arrows, and she mugs constantly for the camera. We get it, you're wearing a supertight outfit, with your boobehs...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Guardians was great, glad it opened things up a bit. Also, the article I read said it's going to be that Danvers chick as Marvel.
    The main thing for me is them splitting the Avengers finale into two parts.
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    I was definitely NOT heartbroken over Black Widow and Hawkeye not getting their own movie. I dislike both of them. All he does is shoot arrows, and she mugs constantly for the camera. We get it, you're wearing a supertight outfit, with your boobehs...
    Cool that they're going with the most recent Captain Marvel (aka the former "Ms.Marvel"). Interesting character with a long & storied history. Lots of material to work with.

As for Hawk & the Widow, yeah, they've always been supporting characters anyway (though Hawkeye has had a couple miniseries IIRC). Neither of them are really leading material, either in the comics or movies. They're really more team oriented/support characters. Doc Strange, Black Panther, & Captain Marvel all have had or have their own series & are more apt leading characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't consider a Luke Cage (Power Man) movie at some point as well. Another strong, black character like the Black Panther who has had his own series & would be leading character material.

Administrator

England
    Guardians was great, glad it opened things up a bit.
    It was a damn fine film. The script was pretty poor, but somehow they managed to make a damn good film out it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Guardians was great, glad it opened things up a bit.
    It was a fine film. The script was pretty poor, but somehow they managed to make a damn good film out it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interesting that they're splitting Infinity War into two films. Makes me wonder if it will in fact be the last time we see Downey Jr as Iron Man and maybe some of the others as their contracts run out.

Thor Ragnarok is also a very interesting choice. Looking forward to that one.