Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Squad (film)

Administrator

England

Suicide Squad (film)

I'm not familiar with the comic book, but the cast looks interesting - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Meet-...eam-68480.html

Will Smith As Deadshot
    Jared Leto As The Joker
    Tom Hardy As Rick Flag
    Margot Robbie As Harley Quinn
    Jai Courtney As Boomerang
    Cara Delevingne As Enchantress
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow this looks so interesting!
    psyche.

United States
    Everything looks doable except Smith. Hate him...
    What happened to Jesse Eisenberg showing up as Lex?!?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Everything looks doable except Smith. Hate him...
    What happened to Jesse Eisenberg showing up as Lex?!?
    I've got a bit of time for Smith. I think he might excel in this sort of thing
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The trailer is a bit iffy - it takes a while to get the juices flowing ... however I'm fully expecting this to be a pretty darn good flick, so I'm still very interested indeed. Just a slow-to-get-grooving trailer, is all I think.

As for Leto - well, I certainly don't envy him having to do the Joker after Heath Ledger, but I hope he pulls it off. It's interesting to see them take the character in a more visually colourful direction - a bit more over-the-top to set it apart from the gritty version we saw in The Dark Knight ... makes sense.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I simply cannot stand Will Smith.

The exact same in every bloody thing he's been in.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I like Will Smith. I get why he's one of the biggest stars around. I think he's an excellent actor.
    I don't have high hopes for this film, tho. But I think Smith will be good in it. I enjoyed I am Legend a lot.

Administrator

England
    Oh dear - http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1541...ics-are-saying

Suicide Squad: A mess. Some fun elements and good performances but mostly it's overstuffed, tonally awkward and narratively unsatisfying.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I am not surprised. Who wants to see this anyway? There's no hype for it.

Ireland
    Yeh, no surprises here either.

The last trailer did nothing for me. It seems to be terribly cast too. Harley is nothing like her original design, Leto as the Joker isn't looking right at all and it's looking more and more like a crappy Will Smith vehicle. The more I see and hear of it, the more obvious it becomes why Tom Hardy got out early.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's a shame that this pattern is continuing with the DC movie universe. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to Suicide Squad and will definitely give it a spin on its own terms.

I've just read an article about the troubled production, as well. Looks like WB is sticking their noses into places they shouldn't, and its heavily effecting the final films....
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Aug-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed