Thread: Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (film)

Administrator

England

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (film)

I quite enjoyed the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zyESMqU9vU

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Been following the news on it for awhile. Also, probably a good idea that they moved the release date from XMAS to a few months later.
    I've been dying for this since the first one gloriously graced mein peepers. I'm only sad that John Cusack decided to opt out of this one. I do like the other guy in other movies I've seen him in, but dang.
    I wanted the whole gang, even Crispin Glover. Oh wellz.
    I'm still hoping it is THE BOMB. The trailers look hilarious, and share a few nice inside jokes/tie ins with the first movie.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember kind of liking the first one, but beyond that I don't remember anything about it. That's not a very good sign....

I'll no doubt check this out for free, though.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Now I get the poster.
    Just saw it tonight, and loved it!!!
    They do a little rehashing, but more to rip on the first one.
    I came in with dangerously high expectations, but left completely fulfilled. I will be seeing it again this weekend.
    Warning: full male frontal nudity, and lots of boobs. I'm sure no one would take their kid, but I thought I'd still warn...
    A+ all the way!!!

Administrator

England
    ^^ Good to hear
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Wonder why Cusack decided to not bother?

Also, I hate it when they get a "replacement" for sequels. They could easily have just gone with the three lads from the original. Don't need a fourth.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Wonder why Cusack decided to not bother?

Also, I hate it when they get a "replacement" for sequels. They could easily have just gone with the three lads from the original. Don't need a fourth.
    Guess he was busy doing a bunch of crappity crap ever since. I've seen some of his more recent "work" on Netflix, and I really don't remember any of it making it to the actual big screen.
    As far as the replacement thing, I was worried myself. I do believe it gets nicely smoothed in there, and left open for Cusack to come to his senses and get in on this. If this one does well, he'll be back. I feel it in my corns.

Ireland
    Aye, the old corns might be right.

Re: Cusack, a lot of his choices do seem to be sub par alright.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    AICN hates it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70454

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Guess he was busy doing a bunch of crappity crap ever since. I've seen some of his more recent "work" on Netflix, and I really don't remember any of it making it to the actual big screen.
    As far as the replacement thing, I was worried myself. I do believe it gets nicely smoothed in there, and left open for Cusack to come to his senses and get in on this. If this one does well, he'll be back. I feel it in my corns.
    He's in Stephen King's Cell movie adaptation...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Aye, the old corns might be right.

Re: Cusack, a lot of his choices do seem to be sub par alright.
    Rather enjoyed his turn as Poe in "The Raven", even if the overall movie is a bit on the *meh* side.