Thread: Cool zombie outbreak simulator

Twitching

Undisclosed

Cool zombie outbreak simulator

Scientists determine the nation’s safest places to ride out a zombie apocalypse

In the article there's a link to a simulator with a map you can click on to start a zombie outbreak at any point in the United States, and see how fast it spreads based on detailed census data on population density - http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/

Last edited by Publius; 05-Mar-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Scientists determine the nation’s safest places to ride out a zombie apocalypse

In the article there's a link to a simulator with a map you can click on to start a zombie outbreak at any point in the United States, and see how fast it spreads based on detailed census data on population density - http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/

Thanks, dude. I've been looking for a really good outbreak map forever. And while I do have some issues with the article, mostly in regards to items like an infected person(but not yet turned)couldn't transmit the disease; thus mass transit wasn't a worry in this scenario. I did enjoy the encouragement of imagination within logic, which even folks like Einstein regarded as the hallmark of human achievement.

United States
    Doesn't take into account Romero/Walking Dead style "every one who dies comes back" either. It's predicating the spread solely on bite/turn/zombie spreads. I imagine that scenario would look like the map above on steroids.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Doesn't take into account Romero/Walking Dead style "every one who dies comes back" either. It's predicating the spread solely on bite/turn/zombie spreads. I imagine that scenario would look like the map above on steroids.
    True that, but you forgot one major thing - all of us zombie fans.

We know how this works. We'd be removing-the-heads-or-destroying-the-brains from jump.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.