Thread: Walking Dead: West Coast (spin off TV series)

Ireland

Walking Dead: West Coast (spin off TV series)

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...ing-dead-spin/

AMC has ordered two seasons of a spin-off series to be executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert. Plot details are scarce, but AMC president Charles Collier has stated that the series will explore “what was going on in other parts of the zombie apocalypse, and what it looked like as the world really did ‘turn.’”

The new series (title to be announced) will be set in Los Angeles and focused on new characters and storylines. The show’s first season will consist of six one-hour episodes and premiere on AMC in late summer. The show’s second season will air in 2016.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK
    I’m not sure how I fell about this to be honest. I love TWD but am concerned that a full companion series will dilute the audience. As a lover of Zed media I obviously want more, especially if it is from a different time in the fall of civilization but it may be a stretch to far.

Ireland
    Yeh, I know what your saying. But, in fairness, AMC are doing alright with 'Better Call Saul', although that's more of a character study than a sweeping apocalyptic nightmare.

England
    Surely if its about the outbreak and the fall of society, it will only have a certain lifespan anyway.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    I think the main thrust is a focus on a different group during the apoc. This time in LA, I think. It could work, but like Dayofthez, I have my reservations. Anyway we'll see in the Summer. I'm certainly going to turn my nose up at it. More zombie nonsense while I'm waiting for series 6 of 'The Walking Dead' is fine by.

So long as they don't feck it up.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I think the main thrust is a focus on a different group during the apoc. This time in LA, I think. It could work, but like Dayofthez, I have my reservations. Anyway we'll see in the Summer. I'm certainly going to turn my nose up at it. More zombie nonsense while I'm waiting for series 6 of 'The Walking Dead' is fine by.

So long as they don't feck it up.
    Well worse case scenario is its rubbish and I don't watch it but like you say it could be good and we get double the content in The Walking Dead universe. Still have to pinch myself that I have a quality Zed TV series to watch, so if I have two I am a happy man.

Administrator

England
    Series gets a name (West Coast) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70890

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Its called "Fear the Walking Dead"

Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZWCU516fZU
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I'm certainly going to turn my nose up at it.
    Well, it's good you just came right out and admitted it!

Freudian slip, Shootem?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    This could work out nicely... So this season of Walking Dead has just finished.... But then Game Of Thrones comes back. Hopefully straight after it finishes we'll have this alternative Walking Dead series kicking off
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, it's good you just came right out and admitted it!

Freudian slip, Shootem?
    What are you trying to say Aces eh? I never make slips, Freudian or otherwise. Everything I say is the absolute truth, and thought out with impeccable preciseness.*

*Not everything I say is the absolute truth, or thought out with impeccable preciseness.