Thread: Pixels (film)

Administrator

England

Pixels (film)

I think some of this might be CGI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hahahaha! Oh sh!t, we're doomed. Piece of garbage... I just love how Hollywood breaks through the bottom of the barrel, tunnels ten more feet downward and then thinks with a maddeningly stoic expression, 'we need to go deeper'.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Looks good to me. Personally, I'm a big Sandler fan. I don't get all the hate. I just watched The Cobbler the other day, also good stuff.
    Haters gonna hate. All I can say is, "Eat a peanut butter and jealous sammich, and STFU."
    Don't like it, don't see it. And somebody must like his stuff, because he sells some tickets, usually, and gets paid some decent moolah for his efforts. I always get feels when I see his films. I guess some people don't get him...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Hahahaha! Oh sh!t, we're doomed. Piece of garbage... I just love how Hollywood breaks through the bottom of the barrel, tunnels ten more feet downward and then thinks with a maddeningly stoic expression, 'we need to go deeper'.
    And here they go ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Fun concept.
    Kevin James just isn't funny, tho. Adam Sandler can be, but he doesn't appear to be here.
    Also, this film has got to be geared toward a younger audience, right? I might be mistaken, but I think they should have thrown a few newer games in there. Who plays Pac Man today?
    If you're gonna make a film about video games in general, at least figure out what video games people are playing today. I understand Pac Man is a universally recognized figure, but Donkey Kong is little more than a name to many teens today. And Space Invanders? When the fuck was the last time anyone ever played Space Invaders?

United States
    Just saw it, and loved it. I guess being one of the kids that used to pump quarters into the very games they did up in the movie helped...
    Nahhhhh, my kid loved it, too. The reason why they don't bring any new games into the mix has to do with the plot. It definitely comes into play how differently we played games back then to how kids play them now. I say give it a chance, all the kids in the room were having a good time, as were the adults.
    Another movie semi on par with the kid-friendliness of Bedtime Stories. I'm sad about all the critic hate the Sandman gets, yet mein eyes continuously prove them wrong time and time again. I like the way the man makes movies, end of story.
    With HEART.
    I like movies, sometimes, that make me feel good when I walk out, and this did. The Dinkles was fine, as always. I wish I didn't hate GoT so much, because every movie I see him in has been pretty tits.
    Blah, blah, blah, end of ramble. See it, get into it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Just saw it, and loved it. I guess being one of the kids that used to pump quarters into the very games they did up in the movie helped...
    Nahhhhh, my kid loved it, too. The reason why they don't bring any new games into the mix has to do with the plot. It definitely comes into play how differently we played games back then to how kids play them now. I say give it a chance, all the kids in the room were having a good time, as were the adults.
    Another movie semi on par with the kid-friendliness of Bedtime Stories. I'm sad about all the critic hate the Sandman gets, yet mein eyes continuously prove them wrong time and time again. I like the way the man makes movies, end of story.
    With HEART.
    I like movies, sometimes, that make me feel good when I walk out, and this did. The Dinkles was fine, as always. I wish I didn't hate GoT so much, because every movie I see him in has been pretty tits.
    Blah, blah, blah, end of ramble. See it, get into it.
    I might try and catch it then
    -Carl Sagan