Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission Impossible 5 (film)

Administrator

England

Mission Impossible 5 (film)

Lets hope it's like 3 & 4, and nothing like 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPZGc0WmfM
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    M:I 2 was one of those films that I really enjoyed when it first came out, but I was also a teenager then so it's hardly surprising. I've not seen it in years, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit cringy in some respects now.

M:I 3 & 4 on the other hand - both excellent, although #4 wins out in my view. Two stand out sequences being the Burj Khalifa bit (of course) and that bit inside the Kremlin going down that corridor really quietly with that imaging sheet thingy (it was so tense!!!) ... rather looking forward to seeing M:I 5 ... not sure if I'll get to see it in the cinema, but it's certainly looking like a Blu-Ray pre-order at least.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    M:I 2 was one of those films that I really enjoyed when it first came out, but I was also a teenager then so it's hardly surprising. I've not seen it in years, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit cringy in some respects now.

M:I 3 & 4 on the other hand - both excellent, although #4 wins out in my view. Two stand out sequences being the Burj Khalifa bit (of course) and that bit inside the Kremlin going down that corridor really quietly with that imaging sheet thingy (it was so tense!!!) ... rather looking forward to seeing M:I 5 ... not sure if I'll get to see it in the cinema, but it's certainly looking like a Blu-Ray pre-order at least.
    True... But I loved Philip Hoffman as the bad dude in no.3. And Ethan going all True Lies and pretending he's just Joe Average
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    A longer trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLHIJDOQdzM

That bit where he's hanging off the plane looks ruddy bonkers (in a good way)! Proper scary! Even though he was (of course) safely wired to the plane, that was done for real!

The use of that music (or rather, the spread out 'Ready Or Not, Here I Come' lyrics) was shite though. Didn't match at all, in my opinion. The film looks awesome though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A longer trailer:

That bit where he's hanging off the plane looks ruddy bonkers (in a good way)! Proper scary! Even though he was (of course) safely wired to the plane, that was done for real!

The use of that music (or rather, the spread out 'Ready Or Not, Here I Come' lyrics) was shite though. Didn't match at all, in my opinion. The film looks awesome though.
    I thought the sound track was quite effective... Broke the normal orchestral approach.
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tom Cruise has to be running out of crazy stunts for himself to perform at this point? What's next, holding on to a space rocket?

Not putting the film(s) down, the trailer looks pretty darn good. I'm glad to see it looks like Simon Pegg is getting more of a role this time around. He's been great since he came into the franchise in the third entry.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Tom Cruise has to be running out of crazy stunts for himself to perform at this point? What's next, holding on to a space rocket?

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It's looking awesome, but I'll probably have to wait until the Blu-Ray comes out before I get to see it - getting anyone to go to the cinema these days is like pulling teeth.

But I very much look forward to getting it on Blu-Ray - Ghost Protocol was effin' great!

Super Moderator

United States
    I don't think I've seen Ghost Protocol yet...does that mean I'm getting old, or that they've made too many Mission Impossibles?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't think I've seen Ghost Protocol yet...does that mean I'm getting old, or that they've made too many Mission Impossibles?
    Honestly, these films are for you guys. If they'd just started MI with Ethan Hunt alone, I might have been there, but not after dissing Jim Phelps(the leader of MI for my generation) in the first film. Making him the villain was worse in my mind than what was done to Newt and Hicks in Alien 3. So while I rarely get honked off that way, I just can't watch any of these MI films. But do enjoy yourselves.

United States
    For the fifth time in the series, I'm going to have to pass.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You've gotta check it out, it's a superb flick! The whole Burj Khalifa sequence had me sweaty-palmed and wriggling in my seat. I've watched that film at least four times and would gladly watch it many times more.

Administrator

England
    OK.. Enjoyed the flick (new one)!

Some good solid action, and a few nice plot twists and turns...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OK.. Enjoyed the flick!

Some good solid action, and a few nice plot twists and turns...
    Are you talking about Ghost Protocol, or the new one?