Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Files (TV series) - New six episodes

Administrator

England

X-Files (TV series) - New six episodes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32035562

Cult sci-fi show The X-Files is to return to TV after a 13-year hiatus.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for the six-part series.

Original creator Chris Carter will be at the helm when production starts this summer.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Ah yes, a mini series - where Mulder and Scully lead survivors through a post invasion wasteland and fight alongside the alien resistance against the terraformers and purity infected humans. UNLESS THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE FINAL EPISODE!!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Hooray!!!

I was hoping for a 12 episode run, but I'll take 6 - more X-Files, no matter how much, is always a good thing in my book (well, as long as they don't screw it up, but I doubt they will). Super stoked for this!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First look at the return of everyone's favorite (former)FBI agents....

With revivals of both The X-Files and Twin Peaks on the horizon, someone needs to get these agents to cameo in the others' series. Mulder and Cooper would get along fantastically! Excluding Duchovny as the transexual DEA agent in Twin Peaks, of course. That doesn't count.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Jun-2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    *fangasm brewing*

Administrator

England
    I was never really into The X-Files...

That said I do recall an episode called "Squeeze" that I seem to remember giving me the heebeejeebees! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeeze_%28The_X-Files%29
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I was never really into The X-Files...
    Boooooooooooooo!!!

I demand you watch all nine seasons right this instant!

Super Moderator

United States
    X-files one-offs were so great. X-files overarching metaplot was so meh. This sounds great, though.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Boooooooooooooo!!!

I demand you watch all nine seasons right this instant!
    Word. Well, at least the first 5 or 6... (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    X-files one-offs were so great. X-files overarching metaplot was so meh. This sounds great, though.
    I didn't mind the meta-plot (although it could have been made a little plainer for dunces like me...thank you internet for helping me to understand what the hell the Black Oil/Purity was, its relation to the Colonists, etc).

Once it was wrapped up though

with the death of the Committee
    it felt like the show was "over" & I never enjoyed it as much afterwards.

That said, the stand alone episodes rocked too. I liked that there were both.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 14-Jun-2015 at 01:28 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoy the "mythology" episodes quite a bit, but my favorites are definitely the "monster of the week" episodes. Those are generally loads of fun and tend to have a more light hearted approach. Some fantastic guest stars in those episodes, as well.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The last movie was a monster of the week one, too bad it was a lame monster of the week one and trying to be edgy with a kiddy fiddler priest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoyed "I Want to Believe". Granted, it may have been more because I was a fan of the series and glad to see the characters return, but it was an enjoyable film nonetheless. They probably would have faired better if they made a mythology film, though.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Jun-2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I enjoyed "I Want to Believe". Granted, it may have been more because I was a fan of the series and glad to see the characters return, but it was an enjoyable film nonetheless. They probably would have faired better if they made a mythology film, though.
    Agreed with you all-the-way so far, Sir ... IWTB was a decent flick and a welcome bit of X-Files back on my screen ... and the mythology episodes were very good (even if they weakened in the last couple of seasons), although I was also more partial to the one-offs or two-parters. I was particularly fond of the more light-hearted episodes that really mixed things up a bit (e.g. the two-part body swapping story from season six).

Super Moderator

UK
    A teeny weeny teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJnWwh12j0

Torches in the dark, those six notes echoing ... gets my skin tingling.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't wait! Its very minor, but Skully's wig really gets on my nerves. Its a movie pet peeve of mine. Once its noticed, its hard to ignore...

I'm really surprised we didn't get a more lengthy trailer out of comic con last week. You'd think they'd take advantage of that considering the fan base of this show.