Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X-Files (TV series) - New six episodes

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise when you consider the HUGE cliffhanger we were left with, but Fox has officially announced production on a new season of ten episodes. That's only four more episodes than the last round, but it seems like it's a good compromise for everyone involved that doesn't want to be tied down to 20-ish episode seasons like the original run.

Production begins this summer, so it'll probably premiere next year, or maybe the end of this year.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

10 episodes is a good length, I think. I don't really feel there's much need for the old '24 episodes a year' model, especially with so much choice out there. Far better to get in, tell your story, and get out - avoid all the filler and just crack on.

I was wondering about this just the other day, so properly stoked to hear we're getting more episodes!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While it wasn't anywhere near the realm of BAD, I found the Season Eleven premiere to be kind of dull. After the cliffhanger from last season, I was expecting this one to pick it up with a bang, but instead it's more of a slow hum...

Super Moderator

UK
    The Season 11 premiere was surprising in that it's like a prequel of what happened in the Season 10 finale, with those events now being a 'vision' that Scully had of the near future. It was a little tricky to wrap your head around at first, but I got there eventually.

The main issue that seemed to starch shippers' britches, though, was the revelation regarding William's parentage. However, considering Mulder's parentage, it's actually quite in-keeping.

I suppose it was the structure of the episode that kind of throws you a bit. Anyway, I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to what's to come - especially Darin Morgan's episode! The reviews for the first five episodes seem to be quite strong, too, which is groovy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Season two of the revival was quite a success in my eyes! I really enjoyed it. And the episode about revising history/memories(I forget the name), with the guy that was supposedly Mulder and Scully’s partner for years, instantly went down as one of my all-time favorites. I can’t remember laughing as hard or having THAT much fun with another monster of the week episode. Plus it was tied to my all-time favorite series, Twilight Zone, so I’m sure that helped as well.

Roll on with the next ten episodes!
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Mar-2018 at 01:35 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Really enjoyed season 11 - it was a toss-up between the episode you referenced, bass, or the one with the sushi restaurant and the rogue AI as my favourite of the season.

The mythology stuff was a bit underdeveloped in the finale, and the retconning of the season 10 finale as a 'possible future yet to happen' was a bit clumsy, although it worked pretty well in the season 11 premiere. The finale, though, was a bit rushed in certain ways, but in other ways it worked. If it really is the last episode then it's lacking in terms of a coda to wrap up various characters, but it kinda felt like Carter was hedging his bets to try and give him enough room to move if he did end up doing more episodes.

However, with Anderson apparently not keen on another season, might this be the end? You can't have Mulder without Scully, and the beacon of hope at the close of the episode between the pair would put Scully in a position of not wanting to be getting too involved (or at all) with X-Files shenanegans (assuming Kirsh was convinced to re-open them again ).

Anyway - solid season, rather enjoyed it. I hope Anderson can be convinced to come back for some more. One last season, eh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hadn’t heard about Anderson or this possibly being the end of the revival. To be fair, actors go back and forth about that sort of thing all the time. Could be a contract negotiation tactic, or she just needs some time with other projects, then she could come back.

I don’t see that last episode being a fitting series finale, that’s for sure. Definitely needs at LEAST one more season to send it off right.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Mar-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Had to share this for MZ. The greatest meeting of minds in history!

Super Moderator

UK
    hah! Is that the "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens" guy?

Ireland
    LOL

That's class.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....