Thread: Vacation (film) - The Griswolds are back!

Administrator

England

Vacation (film) - The Griswolds are back!

http://www.people.com/article/nation...eboot-ed-helms

Yes, the Griswolds are back, and they're once again heading cross-country.

In this first promo image of the new National Lampoon's Vacation movie, simply titled Vacation, you see Ed Helms, 41, as Rusty Griswold, alongside Christina Applegate, 43, who plays his wife, Debbie, as well as series mainstays Chevy Chase, 71, and Beverly D'Angelo, 63.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Las Vegas was horrible.

United States
    Bev is looking foin.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As a big fan of the series, particularly the original and Christmas(even European and Vegas have their moments), I'll definitely check it out. I'm glad it's a sequel rather than a remake. The references to this in the trailer actually calmed any nervousness I had of them acting as if the Clark-led films never existed. Hell....it'll be worth the price of admission just to see Chase's likely limited screen time....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hell....it'll be worth the price of admission just to see Chase's likely limited screen time....

Well, you're half right. Extremely limited time, yet seemed pretty forced into the end of a movie that just didn't work.
    I saw it last night, and had mixed feelings about it. There were a few good zingers in there, but were just not enough to save it. I will say that once they get to the house of his sister, Audrey, it actually becomes watchable. Chris Hemsworth plays her husband, and completely steals the show for awhile. Afterwards, they get back to the plan, and it sucks again.
    There is even a scene where they mention the original movie, and how this movie will be its own beast. But it was like they had two movies, one good, one bad. Then they grafted them together all Human Centipede style...
    With the good one in front so, by the time it gets ran through the crap side, it's been sucked clean of all the nutrients, and is just now a turd version of what once was.
    Anyhoo, I did enjoy some parts, but overall it just ended up awkwardly. Even lowering my expectations didn't help. Was I expecting too much? I liked all the original ones, so it was hard to compete, but still...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    scene where they mention the original movie, and how this movie will be its own beast. But it was like they had two movies, one good, one bad. Then they grafted them together all Human Centipede style...
    With the good one in front so, by the time it gets ran through the crap side, it's been sucked clean of all the nutrients, and is just now a turd version of what once was.
    And people think that I can paint quite a picture...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yikes. Just this morning I saw this was on showbox, so I loaded it with the intentions of watching it tonight. Definitely going into this one with lowered expectations...

EDIT: Actually, this wasn't as near as bad as I'd feared and some reviews had suggested. It's not up there with the original(it was never going to be) or Christmas, but I'd say it's averagely entertaining like European or Vegas.

It was kind of funny for me that this new Wally World was actually Six Flags Over Georgia and the "Velocirapter" is a ride I've ridden countless times over the past 20+ years. The park is just a stones throw from my house...

Anyway, its a decent enough film. Could have definitely used more of Clark, though. 6/10
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Sep-2015 at 05:19 AM. Reason: .