Thread: Star Wars Battlefront (video game)

UK

Star Wars Battlefront (video game)

First game trailer - looks PC meltingly awesome. Day one server problems...calling it now!

United States
    looks amazing, but i want to see some actual gameplay footage. i'm kinda concerned this will be just an fps with a star wars skin running on a slightly improved battlefield engine. i have heard that it will not have a campaign mode, which is a huge negative in my book.

hard to believe it's been a decade since battlefront 2 by pandemic and lucas arts was released. that game was easily one of my faves from the ps2/xbox console gen. third-person action shooter with online play, or you could play against computer-controlled bots if you didn't have internet access, and to top it off, there was a story mode where you played as a member of vader's fist, the 501st imperial legion, with battles and story elements bridging the first two trilogies.

with this game being an EA effort, it will probably look incredible, but have tons of bugs and pay-to-play DLC, not work offline, and be only about half as fun as the game that launched a decade ago with all content and pretty much bug-free. until i see gameplay footage, i'm withholding judgement and trying to stay off the hype-train.

however, that does look mighty sexy....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Received a ps4 bundle with this included for Christmas. It's a gorgeous game and loads of fun to play alone or with a friend, but with no real story mode I fear that the appeal is going to fade quickly...

United States
    i received a few psn gift cards for christmas and this game was on sale, so i figured what the hell and downloaded it. the game looks and sounds incredible (the wife got me a set of ps gold headphones, so being in the middle of a 40 player sw battle with all the pew pew sounds and explosions is totally immersive and exciting). while it is a bit lacking in content, it is great for short sessions between hours of wandering the commonwealth in fallout 4.

they are supposedly going to be adding more free content in addition to the paid dlc, so hopefully there will be more single-player content down the road. the solo training missions are fun but too short and only make me wish that much more that EA had included a campaign of some sort. as for the mp modes, i've not played too much of them, but what i have played has been very fun. it has quite a different feel compared to your typical call of duty-type shooters, a bit more accessible to casual gamers i'd say, but at the same time there are some players who are just wrecking house and racking up like fifty kills while only dying a couple of times....so there is a bit of a balancing issue.

overall, i'm pretty pleased with the game and looking forward to what may be added in the future with the season passes and whatnot.

Super Moderator

United States
    Finally got around to picking this up and playing with a few friends last night. A very simplistic game, but fun enough, for what it is.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany