Thread: Red Dwarf (TV series) - Series 11 & 12 are go...

Administrator

England

Red Dwarf (TV series) - Series 11 & 12 are go...

http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2015/05/0...returns-twice/

Ever since Series X of Red Dwarf aired on Dave, fans have been clamouring for more - and we've been as desperate to bring you news of the commission of a new series as you've been to hear it.

Well, that day has finally arrived - and it's a better one than you might ever have anticipated. Because this afternoon, at the Dimension Jump XVIII convention, series co-creator Doug Naylor has announced that Series XI and XII of Red Dwarf will be broadcast by Dave in 2016 and 2017!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I was really pleased when I saw this news yesterday. While "Red Dwarf X" wasn't up to the start of I through VI, it was still thoroughly entertaining and I hope they'll have a slightly easier time with XI and XII (IIRC they had to re-write considerable chunks of X for budget and practicality reasons - e.g. no outdoor scenes - quite late in the game), so hopefully with the success of X they'll be able to expand the scope of the next two series.

Properly looking forward to more Red Dwarf - it's one of my favourite shows!